Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

garda clearance

• 13-02-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just wondering is anyone else waiting on garda clearance and unable to start a job or work ex cos of it? Just so frustrated as have finally got a job but cant start!! It is taking months and im sure enough people can do something about this terrible system which is not protecting children effectively as i kno ppl working without it anyway or services who cant oppen cos they need this, staff who cant start working....

I have worked abroad and seen the excellant system they had for clearance! One clearance for three years which gave a unique id number on a id card with photo id, each organisation could access a database with this number to stop forgery! It was also charged for which is fine and received in two weeks max to the individual not the organisation.

The irish clearance system is a joke! Today 25 staff are beinf employed to the clearance system to help but that not the answer its the system they using tge problem!! I for example have had 7 clearances been processed in the past few months alone, got one back but it is useless as hafta have a new one for each organisation!! Well known charities have said this is unecrssary!!

Anyone else out there goibg mad about this? Something needs to be done

Sorry for rant :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 loughlmm

Currently waiting 12 weeks for garda vetting to be returned.
    was offered a job with a new company in July and have been on social welfare since then waiting. i have valid garda clearance with CORU but the new company wouldnt accept this and advised they needed their own set.. dont understand this as i know many people who were allowed to work in social care settings without g.c and could work while they waited for it to come through.
    no one is able to tell me how long it will be, the dept in thurles will only answer questions from a designated employee from the company and not the applicant. frustrated does not begin to describe how i feel.

Advertisement