Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Natives - Dublin & Belfast October 2013

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

Following their sold-out show at Whelans on Monday night, Local Natives have just announced details of two exclusive headline performances in Dublin and Belfast.
    The band who've just released their sophomore album Hummingbird will play at Limelight in Belfast on Tuesday, October 22, before heading south for a show at Dublin's Olympia Theatre on Thursday, October 24.

Tickets priced from €22.90 inclusive of booking fee go on-sale this Friday, February 15 from Ticketmaster.

Great gig in Whelans on Monday night, glad to see them playing bigger venues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

presale tickets through crowdsurge available for standing tickets to save a bit on booking fees
    http://www.thelocalnatives.com/tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

Got my tickets today! Hope this sells well, would love to see them play a festival here this summer but i'm guessing thats unlikely now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

lc180 wrote: »
    Got my tickets today! Hope this sells well, would love to see them play a festival here this summer but i'm guessing thats unlikely now.

??

They have plenty of festival dates no?

lordgoat wrote: »
    ??

They have plenty of festival dates no?

Yeah they do, I just can't see them playing a summer festival now that they are trying to sell tickets for a headline show in October.

I hope I'm wrong, at the gig in Whelans the singer said they were coming back 'in fall' to play the Olympia, no mention of a festival appearance here.

Getting close now, really looking forward to the Olympia on Thursday.

Support acts on the night from Cloud Control and Breton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Looking forward to this aswell, they were great at Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Anyone get tickets from Crowdsurge before? Said they were dispatched on 3rd October but still not arrived, waiting on their customer service team to get back to me but not sure how they're going to get tickets to me at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

They'll set them to be collected on the door if they can't get them to you. There was massive problems when Arcade Fire used them and they left it to the last minute as well, they arrived just in time... except no one got them as the entire country was snowed under.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Toast wrote: »
    They'll set them to be collected on the door if they can't get them to you. There was massive problems when Arcade Fire used them and they left it to the last minute as well, they arrived just in time... except no one got them as the entire country was snowed under.

Cheers, yeah they got back to me and said to get them at the door instead. Thought i was gonna be in a trouble with my mates!

Anyone go to the gig in Belfast last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lc180 wrote: »
    Getting close now, really looking forward to the Olympia on Thursday.

Support acts on the night from Cloud Control and Breton.

Breton are utter tripe, I won't be goin in early for them

Breton are utter tripe, I won't be goin in early for them

I listened to a few songs, wasnt really my cup of tea. Cloud Control on the other hand seem alright, def gonna go in early for them.

No word of stage times yet.

From the Olympia website

Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 7pm, first support Breton on about 7.30pm, second support Cloud Contol on stage around 8.15pm, with Local Natives due on stage from 9.15pm. Show should be over around 11pm. Please note, times subject to change as always.

Great gig last night, prob the best crowd I've been in at the Olympia since the Alt-J gig earlier in the year!

Highlight was everyone singing 'Who Knows Who Cares' before the encore, brilliant stuff

My favourite gig of the year. They seemed genuinely shocked by the warm reception they were getting, i love it when you can tell a band is enjoying themshelves and not just going through the motions.

Cloud Control were quality also, would go see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Was a fantastic gig. Who knows who cares and sun hands really finished the night with a flourish.

I managed to win ticket from then on Twitter despite already having bought tickets! None of my friends were up for it so just sold the pair for a tenner outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Great gig last night, prob the best crowd I've been in at the Olympia since the Alt-J gig earlier in the year!

Highlight was everyone singing 'Who Knows Who Cares' before the encore, brilliant stuff

Better than the Whelan's gig as the crowd actually drowned out the band in Whelans in Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Brilliant gig, definitely one of the highlights of the year. First time seeing them too!

Advertisement