Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband availability in D2 (Lower Baggot St Specifically)

• 14-02-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone have experience dealing with UPC or know anything regarding the lack of UPC broadband in Dublin 2?

I've been living on Baggot St for close to a year now and have a tv package subscription with UPC, but they have done nothing with regards to upgrading the services provided in the area?

When we moved in, they informed us that it there wasn't a plan to upgrade immediately but that they would be doing something within the next 3 - 6 months. Obviously this didn't happen and any time we contact them now, they trot out the same line.

I'm pretty resigned to the fact that we're apparently living in an apparent black hole as far as service goes. It's strange that there is one little area in the city which hasn't been upgraded.

As a last resort, Does anyone know of or have any experience with alternative broadband providers in this area? I don't exactly plan to wait around on them forever.

Many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPC are fairly cack inside the canals in Dublin. eircom are not great either.

Try Digiweb Metro if you can get access to the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Heffa wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience dealing with UPC or know anything regarding the lack of UPC broadband in Dublin 2?

I've been living on Baggot St for close to a year now and have a tv package subscription with UPC, but they have done nothing with regards to upgrading the services provided in the area?

When we moved in, they informed us that it there wasn't a plan to upgrade immediately but that they would be doing something within the next 3 - 6 months. Obviously this didn't happen and any time we contact them now, they trot out the same line.

I'm pretty resigned to the fact that we're apparently living in an apparent black hole as far as service goes. It's strange that there is one little area in the city which hasn't been upgraded.

As a last resort, Does anyone know of or have any experience with alternative broadband providers in this area? I don't exactly plan to wait around on them forever.

Many thanks
    Bumping this. I'm amazed that UPC still let these things happen. I wonder why they don't simply route older existing coax to the new network in isolated spots just to have it working. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1546 is the place to get info from UPC on this or to ask them why they've upgraded nearly every street in the area except this one.

Advertisement