Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Adobe Photoshop installation disc? Help!

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I know someone who has had photoshop for a couple of years, no box etc.

He got a virus on his computer which fecked up photoshop and now it's not working. He uninstalled it completely with the intention of reinstalling it from the disc but now after looking everywhere cannot find it. Any suggestions?

He has not got €700 to replace it and uses it on a daily basis.

What if anything can be done?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If it happens to be Photoshop CS2, you can download the installer file here.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

yoyo wrote: »
    If it happens to be Photoshop CS2, you can download the installer file here.

Nick

Thanks for that mod. When you open the link how does he know which one to install or is it all of them? Theres a spreadsheet typ box with numerous links and serial numbers. Sorry not any good with photoshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Is it this one - Photoshop CS2 Win

PhSp_CS2_English.exe

<removed>

Second from the bottom on the list.

Is it this one - Photoshop CS2 Win

PhSp_CS2_English.exe

Second from the bottom on the list.

Yep that would do it! As it's old software make sure you install all the updates after

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

MODS: i'd erase that serial from boards as others would now have it to use for illegal copies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

MODS: i'd erase that serial from boards as others would now have it to use for illegal copies
    Adobe wrote:
    The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

All legit numbers - Adobe no longer support older versions so they are in fact free.

As Adobe have themselves published the serial number to the public domain I can't see the issue with it being re-posted here. Obviously it is advised only previous CS2 customers should use this serial number, which is the official word from Adobe.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

With such a widely hacked bit of software with even the latest version available for free .

Why would a private user pay 700?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

No as I understand it, Adobe has NOT released the ser. nos. to the public. To access the page a user needs an Adobe ID so all the dealings are between Adobe and the end-user. In any case, I believe the post above should be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Why should it be deleted. I only asked a question. 700 is a lot of money. I'm not providing links so i am not breaking any rules.

• Advertisement

mathepac wrote: »
    No as I understand it, Adobe has NOT released the ser. nos. to the public. To access the page a user needs an Adobe ID so all the dealings are between Adobe and the end-user. In any case, I believe the post above should be deleted.

The page with the serials can be found with a quick Google here for Adobe CS2. It appears Adobe havn't made any attempt to prevent public access to this page therefore I don't think it is an issue that the serial would be reproduced here. Anyways erring on the side of caution, I will modify the post removing the serial

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

That serial number will only work with the free release of photoshop cs2 so it's perfectly legal.

PS: When the creators of said software throw out free serial numbers from their own site then it is obviously meant for free usage. Unless they made a mistake which i doubt.

Anyway, fair play to adobe for releasing their older CS2 software to people that can not afford it as it will be a benefit to people in learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

At 700 everyone should be directed to the Beach.

Advertisement