Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Opening in Letterkenny

Options
  • 14-02-2013 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Just to let people know, there is a Parcel Motel opening up at KELLY’S CENTRA MOUNTAIN TOP LETTERKENNY.
    You can now buy stuff online, avail of free shipping within the UK (or reduced costs compared to postage to Ireland), get your item posted to Northern Ireland, they will then deliver it to Kellys Centra in Letterkenny and it will only cost €3.50 per "stay".

Its been available in Dublin for ages and plenty of people here on boards use it, so its great to have it in Donegal too. I'm fed up for seeing something marked as "free P&P to UK" then having to pay £10+ for postage to Ireland.
    You'll have to google it yourself as the article is posted on that site we cant link to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Senna wrote: »
    Just to let people know, there is a Parcel Motel opening up at KELLY’S CENTRA MOUNTAIN TOP LETTERKENNY.
    You can now buy stuff online, avail of free shipping within the UK (or reduced costs compared to postage to Ireland), get your item posted to Northern Ireland, they will then deliver it to Kellys Centra in Letterkenny and it will only cost €3.50 per "stay".

Its been available in Dublin for ages and plenty of people here on boards use it, so its great to have it in Donegal too. I'm fed up for seeing something marked as "free P&P to UK" then having to pay £10+ for postage to Ireland.
    You'll have to google it yourself as the article is posted on that site we cant link to.

+1 on this, it extremely handy for the likes of amazon who don't post a lot of items to Ireland. I think the one in Kelly's has been open a while though, well it's been listed on the parcel motel site since a while before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

+1 on this, it extremely handy for the likes of amazon who don't post a lot of items to Ireland. I think the one in Kelly's has been open a while though, well it's been listed on the parcel motel site since a while before christmas.

Did even realise, just heard them taking about it on the radio today, so assumed it was new.
    If they could only take delivery of golf clubs, i'd be set:D

Senna wrote: »
    Did even realise, just heard them taking about it on the radio today, so assumed it was new.
    If they could only take delivery of golf clubs, i'd be set:D

Da dum tish...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

It's been active there since the middle of December, I think. Kelly's is just round the corner from me, so I've used it loads. Dead handy.

One thing to be careful of, though, is make sure you'll be free to pick it up or have someone do it for you within 2 days. There's an extra €3.50 charge for every extra 2 night "stay"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

This is great. Going to harass the relations now to do pick ups for me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

That makes Amazon very attractive now. Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I used it to get a Christmas present for someone when it would only deliver to UK. With 2 free stays on registration, means I've still got 1 free stay left. Quick as well. As long as during the week, you just add a day to the delivery time.

I just worry for the day I realise it's too handy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I used it to get a Christmas present for someone when it would only deliver to UK. With 2 free stays on registration, means I've still got 1 free stay left. Quick as well. As long as during the week, you just add a day to the delivery time.

I just worry for the day I realise it's too handy. :)

that'll be the day you get a text from them and can't remember ordering anything

you'll look at the empty bottles you swore you'd recycle and curse what the contents have made you do

you trudge up there and are greeted with 18 boxes of my little pony teddies, 2 sets of golf clubs and stuff for a home bar that you don't have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

danniemcq wrote: »

you trudge up there and are greeted with 18 boxes of my little pony teddies, 2 sets of golf clubs and stuff for a home bar that you don't have

ha ha. Happened to my friend except it was broken He-man toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danniemcq wrote: »
    that'll be the day you get a text from them and can't remember ordering anything

you'll look at the empty bottles you swore you'd recycle and curse what the contents have made you do

The voice of experience :pac:

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    The voice of experience :pac:

I've been in Dannie's house, its full of My little Pony stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I've been in Dannie's house, its full of My little Pony stuff!

i'm ummmm just holding it for a friend....

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well what ever you do dont take that little pony for a walk anywhere near Tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Where abouts at Kellys are they? Is it around the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

pbarr wrote: »
    Where abouts at Kellys are they? Is it around the back?

At the side, opposite the car wash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Sooo easy :D put in your phone number, put in the number they send you, little door opens and you take out your parcel... Simples :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Has anyone used this?
    Im looking at buying something online from currys uk and want to get it sent to letterkenny...problem is im out of the country and wont be in donegal til next week. How long does it normally take from ordering to delivery at the parcel motel?

It normally takes one day extra to the time that the company you are buying from states. You then have two days to collect after they notify you that its there. If you don't collect it in the two days it will be left for an extra day to give you a chance to collect it.

yeah...i tried setting up an account but it requires a verification text to be sent to the phone number provided....im out of the country but still havent received it. Looks like i might have to wait until im back

retalivity wrote: »
    yeah...i tried setting up an account but it requires a verification text to be sent to the phone number provided....im out of the country but still havent received it. Looks like i might have to wait until im back

You can't ring them because its an 1890 number but why not email them explaining the situation is it an Irish mobile you're using.. The other thing is as well as text notification you get an email when the package is left so if you managed to get the account set up you're not relying on texts alone.

• Advertisement

huh...after all that, I cannot order off the currys uk site as I dont have a uk/ni credit card.
    ah well.

Advertisement