Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you draw a T Rex?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Blame Barney: Students' perception of T. rex is outdated
    Ask a college student to sketch a Tyrannosaurus rex, and he or she will probably draw an upright, tail-dragging creature with tiny arms. An 8-year-old will likely draw something similar. They're wrong, of course.

^^Better than any Picasso!:pac::P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Yeah thats kinda what I would what try to do. What is the suggested version then?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What the hell are they teaching these kids in school anyway?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From the 19th Century.

3124291492_2b44a7272a.jpg

Laelops-Charles_Knight-1896.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I'm thinking maybe toys have something to do with it. I mean, a lot of dinosaur toys still show the old posture, partly because most toymakers just dont care, and partly because the tripod posture makes it easier to have the dinosaur stand. I bet many kids first learn of dinosaurs through these sort of toys...

BTW, Squeaky, I'm disturbed at the uncanny resemblance between the A Khor you drew,and the real thing. You better not be stalking me, I've had enough of that D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Adam Khor wrote: »
    BTW, Squeaky, I'm disturbed at the uncanny resemblance between the A Khor you drew,and the real thing. You better not be stalking me, I've had enough of that D:
    Another few minutes and I could had it up to this spiderman standard.

By Minutes I mean weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I was disturbed to see you had me shouting for everyone to run and I was standing there laughing in amongst dino eggs. I can assure you that if I was being charged by a T Rex, it would not be dino eggs scattered around my feet. (I wouldn't be likely to yell for everyone to start running either. Need someone to take the heat off ..... volunteers for Trex fodder duty please. :D

Advertisement