Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT421 Food Innovation

Options
  • 14-02-2013 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello.

I got an offer from DT421 Food Innovation, i wonder about is this course benefit student who hope to work in Agriculture industry? Someone who graduate this course, could you let me know about your career after this course. Also, coyld you give me some general informations of this course?

Thank you :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I dont know what prospects are like (probably quite good actually) but here is a link to the makeup of the course itself:

http://www.dit.ie/catalogue/Programmes/Details/DT421

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

oplain wrote: »
    Hello.

I got an offer from DT421 Food Innovation, i wonder about is this course benefit student who hope to work in Agriculture industry? Someone who graduate this course, could you let me know about your career after this course. Also, coyld you give me some general informations of this course?

Thank you :D

I've been meaning to reply to this apologies, I didn't take this course (as it didn't exist when I started college) however I can give you an insight as I did DT420 Nutraceuticals.

DT421 is a course with a wide range focusing on Food Science and Agrifood Business. You'll do modules in basic science, ingredients, product development, business, marketing etc. and will give you a good skill set to go into Agriculture (bear in mind it's not a pure Ag Science degree), Food, research (Teagasc would be a perfect transition) or further education. There are students straight out of school but also a two people from a food background (one of which was a trained chef).

The School of Food Science and Environmental Health is amazing, and I'm currently in UCD doing my PhD and I've been sent down to UCC for modules and I can honestly tell you DIT produces really good graduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 oplain

JohnG18 wrote: »
    I've been meaning to reply to this apologies, I didn't take this course (as it didn't exist when I started college) however I can give you an insight as I did DT420 Nutraceuticals.

DT421 is a course with a wide range focusing on Food Science and Agrifood Business. You'll do modules in basic science, ingredients, product development, business, marketing etc. and will give you a good skill set to go into Agriculture (bear in mind it's not a pure Ag Science degree), Food, research (Teagasc would be a perfect transition) or further education. There are students straight out of school but also a two people from a food background (one of which was a trained chef).

The School of Food Science and Environmental Health is amazing, and I'm currently in UCD doing my PhD and I've been sent down to UCC for modules and I can honestly tell you DIT produces really good graduates.

Thank you for your warm answer!

You mean, Food Innovation course is new course at the moment? I worry about even this year the course does not have any alumnis.

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

oplain wrote: »
    I got an offer from DT421 Food Innovation

Hey there Oplain,
    Just curious but you said that you got an offer for DT421.
    You got the offer very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 oplain

Hey there Oplain,
    Just curious but you said that you got an offer for DT421.
    You got the offer very early.

Oh sorry about that. I didn't explain about my status, I am an international student. So, i applied directly to College.

I'm really sorry about that

• Advertisement
Advertisement