Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little help

• 14-02-2013 6:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    How can I stop a neighbours cat from going into our dogs kennel when we keep her in at night? Sick of the dog been scraped when going into its own kennel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Plastic spikes worked for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ye I have them on the fences but the swines still get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Have you asked the neighbour to keep their cat in at night?

If they refuse then I'd probably put a chip activated door on the kennel, then only your dog would have access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Yup they don't give a u know what. Must be about 20 of the cats next door. What's a chip activated door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Poor cat must be frozen so its seeking shelter in your dogs kennel and your dog is getting the brunt of it. Shame they wouldn't install a cat flap in their own house, that way everybody's happy, although that would be too easy wouldn't it:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Black pepper sprinkled around the kennel -

or the other thing that would work (we use it to keep awway foxes :o)

Mens urine keeps away foxes and cats, DH uses a plastic milk carton and we no longer have foxes harassing our chickens, it is also good if you have a compost heap as the chemicals in the urine process the compost quicker!

Dont ask how i know - I know too much useless info!

But other than getting the dog to pee - the cat will then pee, and its a constant process. I find the black pepper works if i need them to keep away from specific plants,

You have to bear in mind that rain washes it away.

Don't know it til you try it ;)

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Yup they don't give a u know what. Must be about 20 of the cats next door. What's a chip activated door?

You can get dog flaps which are operated by a microchip in a tag on the dog's collar. A reader on the door senses the tag and unlocks the flap; no chip tag, no entry. A bonus is that a door on the kennel helps keep the dog nice and warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

but if the dog is sitting in the kennel does the door stay open if the chip is in the proximity of the door?

The flap might be unlocked, but the flap wouldn't be open at all. I think it depends on the proximity to the sensor whether it would be unlocked or not.

Advertisement