Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

HEY GUYS
    I GUESS HE HAS A LEG TO STAND ON
    GEDDIT
    BECAUSE HE HAS NO LEGS
    AND TO HAVE NO LEG TO STAND ON IS TO HAVE NO CASE
    BUT TO HAVE A LEG
    IS TO HAVE A CASE
    AND HE HAD A CASE
    GEDDIT
    BECAUSE HE HAS NO LEG
    AND TO HAVE NO LEG IS TO HAVE NO CASE
    AND HE HAD "NO LEG TO STAND ON"
    GEDDIT
    NO LEG
    STAND ON
    LEG
    ON
    STAND
    KILL WIFE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

shrewd wrote: »
    HEY GUYS
    I GUESS HE HAS A LEG TO STAND ON
    GEDDIT
    BECAUSE HE HAS NO LEGS
    AND TO HAVE NO LEG TO STAND ON IS TO HAVE NO CASE
    BUT TO HAVE A LEG
    IS TO HAVE A CASE
    AND HE HAD A CASE
    GEDDIT
    BECAUSE HE HAS NO LEG
    AND TO HAVE NO LEG IS TO HAVE NO CASE
    AND HE HAD "NO LEG TO STAND ON"
    GEDDIT
    NO LEG
    STAND ON
    LEG
    ON
    STAND
    KILL WIFE

Seek help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

'Great brogues, no english'

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

Rory28 wrote: »
    Seek help.

:pac:

THIS IS AFTER HOURS, HAVE A LAUGH :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

LOUD NOISES!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

sadie06 wrote: »
    Sky saying it could be another 6 weeks before sentencing, to allow court supervision applications to be processed if a non-custodial sentence is passed.

It could be sometime yet before this is all concluded. The National Prosecuting Authority has given strong hints that it will appeal the verdicts following sentencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

It's getting farcical now at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

WHY ARE YOU BEING SHOUTY???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sky jumped the gun on bail decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

13th of October for sentencing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

IPC: Pistorius 'allowed to compete in future'
    The International Paralympic Committee has said that Pistorius would be allowed to compete in its events in future, despite his conviction for culpable homicide.

So its possible after this bump in the road, things might be able to return to normal for OP if he gets a suspended sentence.

Really feel sorry for the Steenkamp family. They got no justice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The judge has been spot on with her descisions based on the case.

The state dropped the ball in various points along the way. The states first failure was with giving that initial investigating officer a job as a cop in the first place, he started the claims of pre-meditated murder that was always destined to fail.
    The state should have made sure of the ammo charges though and they could have given themselves a better chance of making the murder charge inbetween culpable homicide and pre-meditated stick if they had dropped the pre-meditated murder of Reeva idea. They should have been able to make the charge of intention to kill the "intruder" stick.

The state prosecution failed here. Not the judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

mauzo! wrote: »
    Is this blonde lady annoying anyone else? Annika I think her name is.

To be honest, not at all compared to Pistorius. I usually kind of like the South African accent, and even watching Sky Sports News this morning he sounds grand in interviews. In court, he has had the most grating, monotone, drab voice I can remember hearing in a while.

Yeah sure, completely trivial in the scheme of things, but my jaysus his voice is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

Please excuse if this has been asked, answered and disposed of before (haven't managed to read the whole thread), BUT what about the evidence that Reeva's stomach contents showed that she had eaten at aro. 1 am, and Nils contention that neither of them had been to bed.

Then OP would have definitely known she was in the toilet. Was this discounted? Was it maintained she had gone to bed, with OP already in there sleeping, after her 1 am feast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

What would this thread have been called if we'd found out he was gay, I wonder.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Degringola wrote: »
    Please excuse if this has been asked, answered and disposed of before (haven't managed to read the whole thread), BUT what about the evidence that Reeva's stomach contents showed that she had eaten at aro. 1 am, and Nils contention that neither of them had been to bed.

Then OP would have definitely known she was in the toilet. Was this discounted? Was it maintained she had gone to bed, with OP already in there sleeping, after her 1 am feast?

Judge threw it out as irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

May i ask a stupid question?

Obviously this trial is high profile as Oscar is famous etc.

If this was a normal trial with a normal person who wasn't in the limelight then would it of took as long?
    Yeah, I think so. Don't know a lot about the ZA system, but in Ireland a year between the event and the trial would be common, if not quite quick.
    The trial itself was quite complicated with a lot of witnesses and "expert" testimony. It also dealt with 3 other charges occurring on different dates (I don't think we do this here), which makes the whole thing more lengthy.
    Degringola wrote: »
    As robinph says, the judge dismissed this as irrelevant since it's not possible to give an accurate time of ingestion based on the contents of one's stomach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Not sure I get what they are doing now? Talking about sponsorship deals and charity work?

What has this got to do with sentencing?

Could understand them trying to make the point of not being a further risk to society as part of the sentencing, but don't really see how talking about the the charity work etc for this long is relevant to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

This is kind of like a victim impact statement but in reverse. As in its to express how the crime has impacted on the perpetrator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

This trial is a FARCE , 4-5 days to f*cking SENTENCE him ?????????

what a joke ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Call me Al wrote: »
    This is kind of like a victim impact statement but in reverse. As in its to express how the crime has impacted on the perpetrator?

It's total BS. The law seems completely on his side.

Hopefully they get to hear from the victims family and how they feel they got no justice.

I would be very surprised if OP sees the inside of a jail, I think a fine is all he will get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Don't think he will end up with community service.

Seems very odd so far, but I don't think there is a place for the victim impact type statements in court either. How upset either party is should be irrelevant to the court.

The only extra detail that may ever be of interest in sentencing in any case (not this one specifically) is likelihood of repeat offending as that may then take non-custodial sentences off the list of options depending on the offence. How upset the guilty party is about what they did, or how traumatised the victim or their family is should have no bearing.

The court room should not indulge in emotions from either side. Guilt has been determined, now select the appropriate sentence for the crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The court is finished for today, back again tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

The court is finished for today, back again tomorrow.

If her sentencing decision is based upon another few days of this waffle, wtf has she been at for the past month!? I thought the month long period was for the purpose of deciding the sentence. what a messed up system they have over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If her sentencing decision is based upon another few days of this waffle, wtf has she been at for the past month!? I thought the month long period was for the purpose of deciding the sentence. what a messed up system they have over there.
    You've got to maximise all the buzz and ratings going around and "keep them wanting more" - kind of like how they broke the final season of Breaking Bad into two parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

It's all a pantomime at this stage. It's just so protracted, I can't believe that sentencing wasn't passed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Is part of the punishment the sentencing hearing?

Advertisement