Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

the only thing that is bothering him and his team now are how to come up with a story that will get him off.

They're not going to come up with a story, that's not their job.

All they have to do is demonstrate reasonable doubt in the prosecution's account, and from what I've read they're doing that pretty well.

Not in the least because the lead investigator seems to be a moron (doesn't know what drugs they found, doesn't know how far the neighbours are, etc.).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

are you saying he's not guilty? The dogs on the street knows he's guilty as sin. the only thing that is bothering him and his team now are how to come up with a story that will get him off.

There is no reliable evidence presented so far that contradicts Pistouris story.

What are you basing the declaration of him obviously being guilty on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

are you saying he's not guilty? The dogs on the street knows he's guilty as sin. the only thing that is bothering him and his team now are how to come up with a story that will get him off.

Dont forget losing multi million dollar contracts and sponsership deals,race meet purses too.

His PR crew seemed more interested in that a few days ago when talking to the news media outside the court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

very true David. and of course the prosecution would know this too - which makes me wonder why they are rolling over at this point. It could be a tactic on their part to feign defeat now which buys them time to prove what happened.

...or because they don't have a case and have been caught out on the stuff they are saying.

Guilty of what exactly?
    Do you even know what we are debating here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

How do you know that ? What are you basing that judgement on ?

on the fact that there was nobody else in the house except the two of them, and one of them ended up dead.

he shot the girl - it was him - nobody else - he is completely guilty of taking her life. She's not coming back

trying to make out that he is not guilty is stupid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

paddy147 wrote: »
    And bladegunner????:pac:

What about him?

on the fact that there was nobody else in the house except the two of them, and one of them ended up dead.

he shot the girl - it was him - nobody else - he is completely guilty of taking her life. She's not coming back

Nobody but nobody is saying he didn't shoot her.
    Pay attention.
    Do you understand the difference between murder, premeditated murder, manslaughter and accidental death ? I don't think you do.

Edit - fix your quotes please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

seamus wrote: »
    He may have felt that the balcony was secure. If it hangs off the side of the building, then there's no feasibly way of climbing onto it without grappling hook or something.

Apart from the ladders around the outside of the house that he detailed in his affidavit!

No-one is disputing the fact that he fired the gun that killed her.

Are you aware of what is being argued over in the bail hearing and what the trial will be about?

• Advertisement

They're not deciding if he shot her or not. Of course he shot her.

They're trying to decide if there's enough evidence to show it was premeditated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Do you even know what we are debating here ?
    OFFS.. this is after hours, not fricken Ironside. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

are you saying he's not guilty? The dogs on the street knows he's guilty as sin.
    So you're saying you've been down to SA to have a chat with the dogs on the street?

What choice evidence then have you got which completely contradicts his statement?

As far as I can see, the police story has been shown up to be a house of cards based on rumour and supposition and so far Pistorious's statement hasn't been contradicted.

Whether I believe it or not is irrelevant, and whether it's true or not isn't that relevant. What's relevant is whether there is evidence to contradict his statement.

There isn't any, not based on what's been reported.
    namloc1980 wrote:
    Apart from the ladders around the outside of the house that he detailed in his affidavit!
    Very difficult to climb onto an overhanging balcony if the ladder doesn't reach it. Even a professional rock climber would have trouble with that one. A window not so much.

namloc1980 wrote: »

Which were round the other side of the building as contractors had been doing some work in the back garden I believe.

Gosub wrote: »
    OFFS.. this is after hours, not fricken Ironside. :D

More like Twelve Angry Men :P

robinph wrote: »
    What about him?

So thats normal for a person to do and act like that in a secure housing complex????

hes paranoid as fcuk,a very angry man,he will leave the alarm off and he will just shoot this person through the door several times aswell.

He alkso cant tell the difference between the voice of his girlfriend and a stranger either??

Come on like.....:pac:

• Advertisement

Wheres Jessica Fletcher when you need her.

She will get to the bottom of this for sure.:pac::D

So thats normal for a person to do and act like that in a secure housing complex????

hes paranoid as fcuk,a very angry man,he will leave the alarm off and he will just shoot this person through the door several times aswell.

He alkso cant tell the difference between the voice of his girlfriend and a stranger either??

Plenty of people on boards seem to think its perfectly reasonable to shoot first ask questions later if you think you have an intruder in your house. Not me mind you, but plenty of people voice those opinions everytime there is a home invasion story in the news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

The Sun have a pretty good diagram of the bathroom (i know its the sun just dont read the article and check out the picture) see what people make of it, it gives you a better picture i think

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4804123/Oscar-Pistorius-and-Reeva-Steenkamp-argued-before-gunfire-court-hears.html

opinions we know none of this as fact of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

My feeling is that he is guilty. I live here - and perhaps know more about how (i think) one would act if there was an intruder situation.

http://media.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/balcony-floorplan.jpg

The gun was either under his pillow, or in the holster on Reeva's side of the bed.

Regardless if you pick up a gun thinking theres an intruder you would not go deal with it without waking your partner - This for me is crucial.

Also, why would the phone used to call neighbour/netcare (presumably his primary phone) not be handed over to police - another big question.

Im just giving opinions, and the feeling here - for the most, is guilty.

Also just a note on the policing over here - i would guess the wage of the IO to be in and around R10,000 a month (roughly 8k euro a year). If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

He was in his house in a secured complex in summer with his girlfriend in the house with him, why wouldn't he do any of those things. Nothing strange at all about any of that.

However, when he gets out of bed to move the fan, leaving girlfriend asleep in bed he then hears a sound in the next room. Now it couldn't be the girlfriend as she's asleep in bed, so therefore someone could have got in through the window that he had just closed, or the other open window in the bathroom. Panic ensues and then all logic goes out that open window as far as claims of what would be the logical course of action.

None of that is proof of his claims, but why is it so hard for people to grasp that the story fits.

What doesn't fit in any way is a claim by the prosecution that it was pre-meditated. They could possibly argue a case around an argument having gone wrong, but not sure that I'd buy the idea of her hiding in the loo if she was trying to get away from him.

Why would'nt it obviously be his girlfriend whom he woke up when he is getting outta bed himself. Granted he didnt see her wake up but To assume its an intruder and open fire through a closed door without even checking if his girlfriend is in the bed first is absolutely crazy. he also claims to have first shouted a warning to the person inside room first before, Surely when he shouted at the person, his gf would reply its only her calm down!! Im not saying the guy set out to murder his gf but the people reasoning his actions as just as much going to extremes as the people straight saying hes guiltly right off.

• Advertisement

Normal for someone with no legs below the knee to be scared on hearing unexplained noises near their bedroom in the middle of the night? Yes, perfectly normal.

You have evidence that his girlfriend spoke to him through the bathroom door?

Wheres Jessica Fletcher when you need her.

She will get to the bottom of this for sure.:pac::D

more of a columbo fan myself :D

he's a killer.

he killed a poor defenseless woman.

he is trying to defend himself with whatever story sounds plausible just like every other person who kills somebody does.

people who kill people come in all shapes and sizes, professions and wealth. they don't always have to be poor or from a bad area.

difference is people show their prejudice when they come across a "rich" or "well known" killer

Normal for someone with no legs below the knee to be scared on hearing unexplained noises near their bedroom in the middle of the night? Yes, perfectly normal.

You have evidence that his girlfriend spoke to him through the bathroom door?

Normal for alarm to be left off,and loaded guns in the house in a secure housing complex??.

What about an hour of screaming prior to the shots being fired then???

Funny now that the "because he has no legs" excuse comes into it.:confused:

I thought he wanted to be treated and seen as equal to an able bodied person????:pac:

viper006 wrote: »
    Why would'nt it obviously be his girlfriend whom he woke up when he is getting outta bed himself. Granted he didnt see her wake up but To assume its an intruder and open fire through a closed door without even checking if his girlfriend is in the bed first is absolutely crazy. he also claims to have first shouted a warning to the person inside room first before, Surely when he shouted at the person, his gf would reply its only her calm down!! Im not saying the guy set out to murder his gf but the people reasoning his actions as just as much going to extremes as the people straight saying hes guiltly right off.

Agreed, it is totally crazy that he went and shot through the toilet door before establishing exactly where his girlfriend was. I find it more believable that in the heat of the moment of thinking there was an intruder that he forgot that bit of logical thinking and shot anyway, that alternative of it being pre-meditated murder is an even more daft scenario, an argument gone wrong is plausible but still unlikely and there is no evidence to back up that idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Magic Pips wrote: »
    My feeling is that he is guilty. I live here - and perhaps know more about how (i think) one would act if there was an intruder situation.

http://media.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/balcony-floorplan.jpg

The gun was either under his pillow, or in the holster on Reeva's side of the bed.
    ... or under the bed, or on his side of the bed, or in a bed side locker. Do we know where the gun was retrieved from yet? Doesn't sound like you do but you're placing it conveniently to fit your verdict. Heck, why not just say the gun was under her pillow.
    Regardless if you pick up a gun thinking theres an intruder you would not go deal with it without waking your partner - This for me is crucial.

In his statement he said he shouted to Reeva to call the police before shooting. A good question is why she didn't shout from the bathroom. Perhaps she thought the intruder was outside and she stayed quiet to avoid detection?
    Also, why would the phone used to call neighbour/netcare (presumably his primary phone) not be handed over to police - another big question.

See the above references to the incompetence of the police. :)
    i would guess the wage of the IO to be in and around R10,000 a month (roughly 8k euro a year). If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Seems to about sum things up as far as the prosecution is going.

I'm curious to what common opinion is in SA, do you get the feeling most think he is guilty?

he is trying to defend himself with whatever story sounds plausible just like every other person who kills somebody does.
    If it's plausible enough and deemed possible then he is entitled to the benefit of the doubt under most laws, including S.A. laws.

You have clearly already decided he is guilty because nothing that has been reported has demonstrated his story as being implausible (and we must start with the assumption that it's true).

Seachmall wrote: »
    If it's plausible enough and deemed possible then he is entitled to the benefit of the doubt under most laws, including S.A. laws.

You have clearly already decided he is guilty because nothing that has been reported has demonstrated his story as being implausible.

he is guilty of taking a life, of killing somebody isn't he?

are people here trying to justify what he did?

he killed somebody.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Which door in that plan is he said to have shot through?

• Advertisement

he killed somebody.

The case isn't over whether or not he killed somebody.

Until you understand that your arguments will make no sense.

Normal for alarm to be left off,and loaded guns in the house in a secure housing complex??.
    No idea, never lived in a secure housing complex or in a country that has 50 murders a day.
    What about an hour of screaming prior to the shots being fired then???
    No evidence for this. Supposed witness was 600m away, if someone 600m away was hearing things then I'd expect the rest of the neighbours to have come out to back up these claims as well.
    Funny now that the "because he has no legs" excuse comes into it.:confused:

I thought he wanted to be treated and seen as equal to an able bodied person????:pac:
    Well at 4am in his own house without legs on it is an issue as far as his mobility and safety concerns. Get him on a running track and it's a different case.

he's a killer.

people who kill people come in all shapes and sizes, professions and wealth. they don't always have to be poor or from a bad area.

difference is people show their prejudice when they come across a "rich" or "well known" killer

I think that is an unfair statement. Initially, when I heard the story, I thought he murdered her. Not premeditated but they fought and he killed her. However, as unbiased reports are coming out from the courtroom, all I'm seeing are holes in the prosecutions story and Oscar's story is holding up well. As many people have pointed out, there has been nothing so far to dispute his version of events which indicates it was accidental.

I could equally say too that people show their prejudice, baying for blood, when they come across a "rich" or "well known" killer. Lot of that going on in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Killing someone" doesn't define a specific crime.

Or do you believe that the same penalty should apply to everyone who kills someone else, regardless of the circumstances?

I think it's the door that opens to the toilet. There doesn't seem to be a door into the bathroom itself, just into the toilet and the small room beside (a shower maybe?).

he killed somebody.

Again, nobody is suggesting that he didn't kill her.

What point is it that you are trying to argue?

What relevance is her gender ?

he killed somebody.

Again I ask - do you understand the difference between premeditated murder, unplanned murder, manslaughter and accidental death ?

No idea, never lived in a secure housing complex or in a country that has 50 murders a day.

No evidence for this. Supposed witness was 600m away, if someone 600m away was hearing things then I'd expect the rest of the neighbours to have come out to back up these claims as well.

Well at 4am in his own house without legs on it is an issue as far as his mobility and safety concerns. Get him on a running track and it's a different case.

Thats a lot of excuses there...but hey..maybe the judge is open enough to buy it all.

You are too good for boards,,your talents are being wasted here....you should be on the next flight to SA and represent Mister Golden Legs.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Which were round the other side of the building as contractors had been doing some work in the back garden I believe.

So why use it in the affidavit as a possible way for the intruder to get into the bathroom, which is right next to the bedroom???

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »
    ... or under the bed, or on his side of the bed, or in a bed side locker. Do we know where the gun was retrieved from yet? Doesn't sound like you do but you're placing it conveniently to fit your verdict. Heck, why not just say the gun was under her pillow.

Oscar has said he sleeps with his gun under his pillow, police say holster was found on the side of bed as reevas slippers and overnight bag. Im sure there are other percentage chances of it being up his rectum - but i'd think the two presented are 80%+ :p

In his statement he said he shouted to Reeva to call the police before shooting. A good question is why she didn't shout from the bathroom. Perhaps she thought the intruder was outside and she stayed quiet to avoid detection?

In what way do we think she thought there was an intruder?
    See the above references to the incompetence of the police. :)

Yup, unfortunately so
    Seems to about sum things up as far as the prosecution is going.

The case isn't over whether or not he killed somebody.

Until you understand that your arguments will make no sense.

are you serious?

there wouldn't be a case at all if he didn't kill her. come back to reality.

davet82 wrote: »
    I'm curious to what common opinion is in SA, do you get the feeling most think he is guilty?

the feeling amongst anyone i've talked to is guilty. if i take a wider view i'd guess 65:35 guilty:innocent

Obviously these are just my opinion.

are you serious?

If you ever get called for Jury Duty just point the judge to this thread.

You'll never be called for anything ever again.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So why use it in the affidavit as a possible way for the intruder to get into the bathroom, which is right next to the bedroom???

It said that he went to the balcony, then heard noises from the bathroom, remembered the bathroom window was open and there was laders left out that side, the bathroom window did not have bars on it but was big enough to climb through.

Different windows at opposite sides of the house.

• Advertisement

If you ever get called for Jury Duty just point the judge to this thread.

You'll never be called for anything ever again.

why? are you an expert on jury's - you do know there is no jury in SA.

you upset because Im not trying to make excuses for somebody that killed his girlfriend. because Im not trying to think that because he is rich/well known he could never ever do such a thing.

You do know that this guy is not a victim here - the victim was cremated yesterday, never to get a second chance at life.

wise up

are you serious?

The charges are not to do with if he killed her or not.

In what way do we think she thought there was an intruder?

Well, he shouted out loud that there was someone in the house and shouted to call the police. Bit of a give away :)

The charges are not to do with if he killed her or not.

so you are conceding that he is guilty of killing her then.

some people on here would try to tell you that he's not guilty of killing her.

he's as guilty as sin - despite his own deluded words saying how he didn't kill her - he killed her. GUILTY

• Advertisement
Advertisement