Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

it's on there now

Just a bit og background noise so far, but ...
    Magistrate's #OscarPistorius ruling could take an hour to deliver. Am told he has a habit of quoting Shakespeare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭The Road Runner

robinph wrote: »
    Just a bit og background noise so far, but ...

yeah just jacked it in for sky news. forgot i could get that on the web too

seeminly thats just audio too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Opinion guy and fishy fishy, give it a break will ye, please.

This thread is going well, lets not ruin it with back and forth bickering.

General warning to all, we'll thread ban people if we have to.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

ok, mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i reckon if he gets bail, he's gonna run.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He does like talking this guy...

Quoting some old cases to explain where the principle of granting bail came from in 1917 cases in South Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

He is starting to sound cranky with the prosecution for even trying to establish guilt

jaze, judge Im ageing here , get on with it

Adjourned!!!!

Argh this guy could host Who Wants to be a Millionairre!

Saying he isn't convinced by the schedule 6 claim because the state only has circumstantial evidence for the pre-meditated charge.

But, I think he then said he was sticking with the schedule 6 despite that.

• Advertisement

Looks like he's going to give him bail i'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Adjourned!!!!

Argh this guy could host Who Wants to be a Millionairre!

He knows the camera's are on him. Like the guy who presided over the OJ Simpson trial. Enjoying his moment in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

Not sounding great for Pistorius as the magistrate outlines the conditions of bail etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The defence said their would be 'widespread shock' if he wasn't granted bail. A bit of an exaggeration I think.

If he does get bail which I expect he will how much would it be? Hundreds of thousands? A few million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

He aint gonna get it

He knows the camera's are on him. Like the guy who presided over the OJ Simpson trial. Enjoying his moment in the spotlight.

Indeed - but I think there may also be an element of making a point to do absolutely everything by the book so he doesn't end up publicly embarassed like Officer Hitlon Botha

Can't guess which way he's going yet.

Ripping into Hitlon Botha now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

gramar wrote: »
    The defence said their would be 'widespread shock' if he wasn't granted bail. A bit of an exaggeration I think.

If he does get bail which I expect he will how much would it be? Hundreds of thousands? A few million?

Possibly a few million rand (divide it by 10 to get an estimate of it's euro value).

• Advertisement

Now he's having a go at Botha and explains how crap a policeman he is.

@CrustyOldsod
    I wonder if the magistrates wife gets pissed off when she asks him, what do want for dinner ? #oscarpistorius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Its truly staggering, how much of a idiot this cop is. Just cant see him being denied bail the more the judge talks

viper006 wrote: »
    Its truly staggering, how much of a idiot this cop is. Just cant see him being denied bail the more the judge talks

Come May I'm sure sky will be reporting on Botha's trial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's hard to tell which way he's going.

The judge makes the good point that Botha isn't the prosecutor, just the guy who was first on the scene - he's not necessarily the appropriate nor most experienced person to make the state's case. So Botha's incompetence alone is not enough to say the prosecution is crap.

I think he will oppose bail

• Advertisement

Ripping into Hitlon Botha now

yeah, he really tore him a new asshole. He'll be lucky to get a security job at a shopping center when this is all over

Jake1 wrote: »
    yeah, he really tore him a new asshole. He'll be lucky to get a security job at a shopping center when this is all over

I'd say he'll be lucky to get bail in his own case.

Seachmall wrote: »
    I'd say he'll be lucky to get bail in his own case.

Definite flight risk ....if he even hangs around long enough :D

sounds like he is openly contemplating and hasn't reached a decision yet himself

Oh he is taking the piss now

• Advertisement

Christ! Every time I think he's on the verge of denying bail, he switches.

lol seamus. i don't think the judge knows himself yet

FYI there is all sorts of **** coming out on other athletes whilst this case has been going on - Australian swim team in trouble, some Kenyans just got suspended for doping. Lance Armstrong could have been found unconscious in a mountain of epo and noone would have noticed with all the press in SA :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

did some idiot say it was denied so he could write it here first before listening to the rest of judges statement?

did some idiot say it was denied so he could write it here first before listening to the rest of judges statement?

I thought it was decided at that point as well, but then the magistrate carried on and started going in the other direction again.

:confused::confused::confused:

No flight risk, so that is at least decided by him.

He's going to grant it. Reckons OP will not be a flight risk or a public safety risk.
    lol seamus. i don't think the judge knows himself yet
    I was convinced he had effectively denied it. :D

This guy just goes on and on doesn't he?

thats not on dude. it sounded like he was saying that at the time

Think he's about to say that he is not a risk of further violence...but then again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Where are following this? Guardian? Telegraph?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Sky News

kraggy wrote: »
    Where are following this? Guardian? Telegraph?

BBC - live twitter feed here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21543284

live video feed here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21544275

"I find..."

BAIL GRANTED!

"However..."

BAIL DENIED!

"In saying that..."

BAIL GRANTED!

"But again..."

BAIL DENIED!

Live audio feed here too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JZB3pwgxvY&feature=youtu.be (thanks to robinph)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

On Sky News...

Think he'll let him out on bail from the sounds of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

It sounds like bail will be granted from what he is saying.

I feel like I'd have a reasonable shot at passing a bar exam after listening to this.

seamus wrote: »
    He's going to grant it. Reckons OP will not be a flight risk or a public safety risk.

I was convinced he had effectively denied it. :D

This guy just goes on and on doesn't he?

had to think about that one. Xavi6 wha?? :)

a walk in the judges mind all right. if i was to throw a fiver on it i'd say he'll give him bail. only a fiver mind

• Advertisement

It sounds like bail will be granted from what he is saying.
    Nah man, we've been here before. He's about to start going negative again :D

Advertisement