Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Seachmall wrote: »
    "I find..."

BAIL GRANTED!

"However..."

BAIL DENIED!

"In saying that..."

BAIL GRANTED!

"but in a case in 1873...

"But again..."

BAIL DENIED!

Is this guy completely incapable of making clear concise points?

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Bail/NoBail would make a great in-running betting heat with this judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Have I got a lifeline ???

Can I phone a friend Chris ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

One feels that the judge realises this is his 15 mins of fame and he wants to make the most of it.

kraggy wrote: »
    One feels that the judge realises this is his 15 mins of fame and he wants to make the most of it.

15 mins ??!?!?!:eek:
    Its what 2 hours now !!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jesus, Dublin, Kerry & Donegal have all gone on and won another All Ireland, Amy Huberman had had another baby and oh yeah, all fiscal austerity has ended since this guy started speaking !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The judge gets paid double time after 4pm and he's just making the most of it. Does look like he's going to grant it, going by the cases he's calling on for precedence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭The Road Runner

passing the book?

I'm actually reading the start of his speech in a history book right now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No flight risk,
    No threat of further offences.
    No threat of public disorder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

"In conclusion, my absolute final decision on the matter on whether or not to grant bail has been made. It is here by my judgement that the accused, Oliver Pistorius, should..."

"...understand my decision was not an easy one. It was one that relied on many aspects of the prosecutions case and the defenses. With regard to..."

Oh fuck this bullshit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yup

This is incredible.

He hasn't a clue what to do. He's scared ****less. He's now wondering what reaction there will be. I've never heard of a judge taking that in to account in respect of bail.

Surely bail should be a legal decision and not a popularity issue?

Bail has been granted.

Shouts of joy in the room, no doubt from the defence's side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

BAIL GRANTED

I wonder will he have 24/7 armed security when he goes back to his training next week????

FINALLY !

Judge MacCruiskeen

Bail granted.

he got it

Bail Granted!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

he'll be on the run so. (no pun intended)

I thought he was about to go,

"I therefore decide to...

can we stop for a recess for a moment?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This is pure madness. Better then any soap opera

That's it then so...

....tries to get up off sofa...

....see barnacles growing on ass....

....dammit....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

OJ Simpson eat your heart out...:pac::pac::D

you'd hope. missed neighbours on the head of it :pac:

The trial for this is going to be something else altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Had a feeling he was going to get bail alright but The prosecution have alot of work to do if they are going to prove it premediated.

If he cant be found guilty on that at the trial , will he still get charged for a lesser degree murder?

jesus, my nails grew six inches during that.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Idiot on SSN who came to support him "we know he's innocent and now it's proven". Hadn't realised that was the trial :rolleyes:

viper006 wrote: »
    Had a feeling he was going to get bail alright but The prosecution have alot of work to do if they are going to prove it premediated.

If he cant be found guilty on that at the trial , will he still get charged for a lesser degree murder?
    Depends on what they charge him for ultimately.

It will either be a case of murder or culpable homicide, that much seems clear to everyone. Culpable homicide is effectively manslaughter.

As the judge pointed out, it's far too early days for the prosecution to be able to say with great certainty what their case will be based on. When it goes to trial they may decide to forget about murder altogether and see if Pistorius will agreed to plead guilty to culpable homicide.

At the trial he could be charged with the murder, but the judge could still choose to find him guilty of CH without another trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The fix is on

Anywhere have a live feed from outside the courthouse? I tried skynews.com but they don't.

His getaway is going to be immense. There'll be hundreds of press motorbikes/cars after him.

fullstop wrote: »
    Idiot on SSN who came to support him "we know he's innocent and now it's proven". Hadn't realised that was the trial :rolleyes:

Ya what a tool. i didnt find it pleasant hearing the shouts of joy from his family either. The guy has taken the life of a woman be it accidentially or on purpose and has ruined many lives either way. I guess the judge built it up so much it was an outburst of emotion

Anywhere have a live feed from outside the courthouse? I tried skynews.com but they don't.

His getaway is going to be immense. There'll be hundreds of press motorbikes/cars after him.

The BBC have a camera on a door.

• Advertisement

Ya what a tool. i didnt find it pleasant hearing the shouts of joy from his family either. The guy has taken the life of a woman be it accidentially or on purpose and has ruined many lives either way. I guess the judge built it up so much it was an outburst of emotion

Yeah I thought that was bad also. Apparently the yes you could here was OP himself. Hmmmm:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

does this mean you can do whatever you want as long as you've no legs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

wow, shouting for joy when there is a body lying in a grave because of him. As I say, he'll be on the run now - I don't think he'll be hanging round for the truth to come out.

srm23 wrote: »
    does this mean you can do whatever you want as long as you've no legs :confused:

No.

He has been granted bail, nothing more.

That would be an anatomical matter Father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I hope for the poor girl and her families sake that it was an accident which although devastating, is easier to take than knowing she was murdered.

My gut feeling is that something is off though, if he got the gun from under the bed on her side how did he not notice she wasn't there and would he not have whispered or shook her awake to warn her before he opened fire.

And if it was pitch black how was he able to fire so accurately? Or would he not have shouted a warning to the intruder first? Just thinking out loud...

$28000 bail?

That's nothing.

If I understood the judges lecture correctly he needed to satisfy certain conditions to deny bail - either
    1) He is a flight risk
    2) He is a danger to others
    3) It would not be in the public interests

Thats its. Its not about guilt or otherwise. This wasn't the trial

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

Yeah I thought that was bad also. Apparently the yes you could here was OP himself. Hmmmm:mad:

According to the twitter machine, it was from the back row of the court room, reportedly one of Kenny Kunene's entourage.

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I hope for the poor girl and her families sake that it was an accident which although devastating, is easier to take than knowing she was murdered.

My gut feeling is that something is off though, if he got the gun from under the bed on her side how did he not notice she wasn't there and would he not have whispered or shook her awake to warn her before he opened fire.

And if it was pitch black how was he able to fire so accurately? Or would he not have shouted a warning to the intruder first? Just thinking out loud...

Ya i agree, it is very off to me still. The telegrapgh summed up the judges remarks saying he has several problems with Pistorius' version of events. He says he has difficulty understanding why Pistorius did not check where Reeva was, why he did not call out to her in the toilet, and why he would even go into the toilet, given that he knew there was an intruder there who could attack him before he had the chance to respond. "There are improbabilities that need to be explored".

bail raised to one million rand it seems, from reuters

bail raised to one million rand it seems, from reuters

Thats is still chicken feed for him though isn't it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Next court appearance 4th June

yeah 85,000 euro

Considering that his income will drop to basically zero until the end of the trial (which could be more than a year away), I think a 1m bond is pretty big. A lot of his wealth appears to be tied up in assets and he has a mortgage to service, so losing 1m for breaching bail would be a pretty big hit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement