Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Manslaughter is the most likely I would wager.

He'll do prison time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

His bottom lip is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

His bottom lip is going.

I'm watching (mostly just listening) to it on The Telegraph site. I haven't seen him yet.

Very hard to guage which way its going...

EDIT: Just as I typed that, after hearing what she just said I think she is going to go for Man Slaughter or lesser and a soft or no sentence.

Alex Crawford from Twitter2m
    #OscarPistorius verdict The Defence must be taking comfort from this - that the judge thinks some witnesses misinterpreted sounds

Crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Crap!

Wow. Sounds like she is going to go for the misidentification hypothesis.

Weird.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Advertisement

Alex Crawford from Twitter2m
    #OscarPistorius verdict Judge; shots were fired in quick succession 'in my view the deceased wd have been unable to scream' One for defence

Its looking good for Oscar.
    Alex Crawford from Twitter1m
    #OscarPistorius verdict Judge 'the probability some witnesses failed to separate what they knew personally from what they gathered in media'

Reply on TwitterRetweetFavorite
    roddymansfield 1 minute ago
    Judge: The post mortem that was performed on the deceased by Prof Gert Saayman stated that the nature of the wounds would have resulted in almost immediate immobility. Describing the head wound, he stated it was an "immediately, incapacitating wound".

I thought the screaming was before the shoots!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

He going to Get Away with it due to Witnesses knew what they could be asked.. LOL, just like O-J Simpson and that small glove

How long is she going to be talking for get to the point Guilty or not

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Very hard to guage which way its going...

It was impossible to guess which way they were going with the bail hearing until the last moment I seem to remember.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Crap!

Unless of course she thought she screamed before the shots were fired.

EDIT: Not accepting any of the screaming evidence it seems, whether it said it was Oscar or Reeva. Unreliable.

Just before The Telegraph feed came back online fully, while the logo was screen, you could hear two south African people speaking. They could have been reporters or anybody for all I know, but they said:

"It doesn't look like she is going for Premeditated"

"Doesn't look like it no."

Paraphrasing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Look how thick that bunch of papers is in front of her
    She'll be reading all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This judge cuts through the BS

Alex Crawford from Twitter1s
    #PistoriusTrial The State used 4 whatsap messages to try to show how runner dominated and scared his model girlfriend. All thrown out

Probably the right call there throwing out the whatsapp messages from both the state and defense.

On to the stomach contents now.

I'm going into detail now..
    ..and she is

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

He didnt know if any one was in the bathroom Shout and Say whos there ? and fire a Warning SHot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Don't be surprised if he gets away with it. As it stands at the moment, it sounds as if the judge is giving him the benefit of the doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

it sounds as if the judge is giving him the benefit of the doubt.

The judge has said that most witnesses got their facts wrong. If the judge knew all the facts sure why bother with the witnesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Looks like he's getting off imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Is she going to recount the whole trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I'm watching this in Oz and they are just interviewing a South African lawyer and he said that this will take longer than a day. Good Night.

• Advertisement

I'm watching this in Oz and they are just interviewing a South African lawyer and he said that this will take longer than a day. Good Night.

Ah it can't take over a day...

Ah it can't take over a day...

It will if she keeps quote unquoting ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

they said on bbc its not unusual for these verdicts to run 100 pages,

dont suppose she fancies skipping to the end and giving us a spoiler,

or even just drop in a few hints, maybe instead of calling him the accused, call him the inmate, or the dead man walking

I understand

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He won't be getting off.

If it was just the firearms possession charges and shooting in the restaurant then he might have been getting off lightly. But despite there being loads of holes in the premeditated murder case, there are very few problems with finding him guilty on the culpable homicide charges.
    Judge Masipa: "[Mr Pistorius] stated that if he wanted to shoot the intruder, he would have shot higher up and more in the direction where the opening of the door would be to the far right of the door and at chest height. I pause to state that this... is inconsistent with someone who shot without thinking. I shall revert to this later in my judgement."
    That would fit with her going for the culpable homicide later on, in that he fully intended to incapacitate the person behind the door, but that there isn't any proof that he knew who it was.

robinph wrote: »
    He won't be getting off.

If it was just the firearms possession charges and shooting in the restaurant then he might have been getting off lightly. But despite there being loads of holes in the premeditated murder case, there are very few problems with finding him guilty on the culpable homicide charges.

That would fit with her going for the culpable homicide later on, in that he fully intended to incapacitate the person behind the door, but that there isn't any proof that he knew who it was.

Ah, I thought she said 'is consistent'.

Ah, I thought she said 'is consistent'.
    Alex Crawford from Twitter5m
    #PistoriusTrial Just b4 recess, judge was turning to thought processes before the shots - 'inconsistent he shot without thinking'. Intent?

Think they are back in court now.

So far no points for the state, seems to looking better for the defence. But as Robinph said, this is just on the premeditated charge.
    roddymansfield just now
    If Judge Thokozile Masipa finds no evidence of premeditation, she could consider finding him guilty of a legally less serious form of murder: that he fired the shots intending to kill, but did not plan it. That carries a minimum mandatory jail sentence of 15 years in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Masipa is excellent, I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

A woman has been killed, and a man's liberty hangs in the balance. And some on here are giving out because this is taking so long? You make me sick. Why don't you just wait for the 'series finale' episode that Sky News will put together later. Disgusting people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,351 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can they not just say, Guilty or Not Guilty, and then release a book at the end?

Advertisement