Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Masipa is excellent, I have to say.

I think she has been wonderful throughout. Very fair, thorough and dignified. I'd say we will have a verdict by close of court today, she's covering everything quite quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Looking bad for Oscar right now. She's throwing out a lot of his evidence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

A woman has been killed, and a man's liberty hangs in the balance. And some on here are giving out because this is taking so long? You make me sick. Why don't you just wait for the 'series finale' episode that Sky News will put together later. Disgusting people.
    Some of us have work in the morning.
    And I can't get Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Some of us have work in the morning.
    And I can't get Sky.

Maybe the BBC will have a highlights show later with Gary Lineker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ha, she's slating him for only being over emotional and lacking composure under cross examination. Calls him 'an evasive witness'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Judge going to town on Pistorius now, basically saying he was such a bad witness that he had to be lying. An evasive witness doesn't sound good at all for him.

She is repeatedly calling his version of events 'untruthful', but points out that doesn't mean that the most extreme possibility (pre-med) took place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Merkin wrote: »
    Ha, she's slating him for only being over emotional and lacking composure under cross examination. Calls him 'an evasive witness'

...but then clarifies that an accused talking rubbish cannot be taken as admission of guilt. Seems to be stating it in a way that her judgement is then used in any future completely unrelated cases which is interesting to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Not enough facts for premeditated murder.

Not enough facts to support pre-med!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Practically said not guilty of pre-med there, but that is still not the judgement quite yet.

First decision, not guilty of pre-med. Next, murder without intent but on a break now for five min break now. It's hard to see where it's going!

Doing algebra now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Think it will just be culpable homicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I thought pre-med would be unlikely

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Think it will just be culpable homicide.

We will know soon enough, she is leading up to a verdict on culpable homicide now it seems. She is going into a lot more case law now, far more than she did leading up to the last verdict.

culpable homicide I think is most likely

It's no closure for the Family whatever happens, we will never know for sure if he meant to kill her but we all will have our personal view.

Oh wow……it's turned full circle. It's going to culpable homicide.

He's getting away with murder methinks..

• Advertisement

Knew this was most likely

Lunch…...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sadie06 wrote: »
    Oh wow……it's turned full circle. It's going to culpable homicide.

15 years minimum for that according to some sources and suspended to 15 years from others.

I have a bad feeling he won't see jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Yeah shooting 4 shots into a human being isn't considered, by a rational person, as murder :mad:

123balltv wrote: »
    Yeah shooting 4 shots into a human being isn't considered, by a rational person, as murder :mad:

Through a locked door.

In Ireland shooting a person in the face was manslaughter

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    15 years minimum for that according to some sources and suspended to 15 years from others.

I have a bad feeling he won't see jail.

There is a potential 15 year sentence for just holding the ammo and I didn't hear anything that might get him off that charge. Plus another charge for the restaurant shooting that there isn't any evidence to get him off that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

cleared of murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

So he knew the difference between right and wrong, wasn't mentally unsound at the time of the incident, she states that his assertion of "not thinking" at the time of the shooting was inconsistent with the shots fired, the whole thing is "peculiar" and we know that he shot four bullets through the door and into the person behind the door. I don't really see how you could then come to the conclusion that he didn't "foresee" the person behind the door being killed. Whether he knew it was his girlfriend behind the door or not, it seems plainly obvious to me that he fully intended to kill whoever was behind the door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

FUK :mad:

<<Rips up Paddy Power dockets>>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Yep, they weren't exactly warning shots.

Oscar is a lucky man

Advertisement