Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License mod issue

Options
  • 14-02-2013 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.
    I originally had a CZ452 and had the magic S on my llicense however I put in for a like for like substitution and got an Air arms s410 PCP. When I applied for the substitution my local super was out on sick leave and all applications were send to tipp town and my substitution was sucessfully returned to me without the S. This didnt bother me and still isnt anissue as the s410 barrell is a sleeved pre silenced barrell so its quiet as a whisper anyway.
    My question is now that my renewal form has arrived and it asks if a silencer had been granted on the original license should I put in a note explaining what happened?
    As I said its not an issue now until i decide to upgrade to another PCP/.22 and might require the magic S then.

Thanks lads

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

My question is now that my renewal form has arrived and it asks if a silencer had been granted on the original license should I put in a note explaining what happened?
    Is it the FCR? Is the FCR for the air rifle?

You can explain you had the S before but during your last substitution it was not put on the new license for the air rifle. That you currently do not need one as the air rifle cannot use a "silencer".

When you change guns again simply apply for an S when changing. Even during a sub. Should go through easily enough.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement