Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I seem to have been harshly banned

Options
  • 14-02-2013 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Not sure why, but I seem to have been banned from the GAA discussion forum. I realise I have been warned in the past, but on this occasion I was earnestly carrying out a genuine debate with some people who consistently have called me a "wind up" when I have done my best to avoid controversy.

I've taken to ignoring one poster who has consistently gone out of his way to antagonise me, even PM'ing me on occasion and consistently accusing me of being some other poster. This same poster even claimed to have found my Facebook profile and my work place. When I tried to bring this up with Mod's I was consistently rebuffed. I find this most baffling.

IF this is to be upheld, then so be it, but I am gravely concerned about the poster in question. Surely privacy is valued around here when the poster in question wishes it to be so. I haven't naturally, but it would seem odd that this poster who has gone out of his way to find out about my private and work life is allowed to get his way like this.

Again, feel free to do with me what you will in this instance, but I am a little worried about what has happened here in the wider context.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The 1st step in the dispute resolution process is to have an exchange of PMs with the moderator. If this exchange fails to resolve this dispute, then please advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

Black Swan wrote: »
    The 1st step in the dispute resolution process is to have an exchange of PMs with the moderator. If this exchange fails to resolve this dispute, then please advise.
    I PM'd the person who banned me yesterday morning and haven't received a reply.

Thank you for your reply by the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I've taken to ignoring one poster who has consistently gone out of his way to antagonise me, even PM'ing me on occasion and consistently accusing me of being some other poster. This same poster even claimed to have found my Facebook profile and my work place.
    This Dispute Resolution forum is exclusively reserved for the appeal of yellow card warnings, red card infractions, and bans. If you have a problem with another member of our community, please consider using the report post function. If this problem occurs in a PM, then please use the PM report function and the Admin will review it.
    Not sure why, but I seem to have been banned from the GAA discussion forum. I realise I have been warned in the past... IF this is to be upheld, then so be it...

For the past few months the GAA mods have expressed a concern about your posting behaviour in the GAA forum. You joined boards 17 September 2012, and in the 5 months since joining you have been issued 4 yellow card warnings, 3 red card infractions, and 4 bans (including this permaban) for a total of 11 actions by 3 different GAA mods.

This permanent ban has been the result of an accumulation of inappropriate posting behaviour in GAA during this 5 month period, which has been forum disruptive, mod labour intensive, and not acceptable, consequently I find no compelling evidence to reverse this permanent GAA ban.

You may learn from this issue, ask that this thread be closed, and move on; or you may request an Admin review. Please advise.

This Dispute Resolution forum is exclusively reserved for the appeal of yellow card warnings, red card infractions, and bans. If you have a problem with another member of our community, please consider using the report post function. If this problem occurs in a PM, then please use the PM report function and the Admin will review it.
    I have done this, have followed it up with the people in question but have gotten no answers as to how the matter progressed. Is there another avenue I should have pursued?
    For the past few months the GAA mods have expressed a concern about your posting behaviour in the GAA forum. You joined boards 17 September 2012, and in the 5 months since joining you have been issued 4 yellow card warnings, 3 red card infractions, and 4 bans (including this permaban) for a total of 11 actions by 3 different GAA mods.

This permanent ban has been the result of an accumulation of inappropriate posting behaviour in GAA during this 5 month period, which has been forum disruptive, mod labour intensive, and not acceptable, consequently I find no compelling evidence to reverse this permanent GAA ban.

You may learn from this issue, ask that this thread be closed, and move on; or you may request an Admin review. Please advise.

I appreciate your reviewing the matter, but you are purely reviewing it from one side in my honest opinion. I honestly don't and can't believe there isn't compelling evidence in my favour.

My attempts to seek help with regards this other posters behaviour consistently fell on deaf ears as I have outlined above. For whatever reason this is, I cannot say, he consistently had goes at me for being some other poster and sought to irritate and rile me on numberous occasions, many of which I reported and never found any assitance in. Is the carryon I referred to above, and the one I reported consistently in the past acceptable on Boards? It would surprise me if it was.

Either way, I ignored this poster and went about my business after the warnings you have referred to and I firmly believe the most recent infraction was purely a knee jerk reaction to previous carryon, a case of giving a dog a bad name.

If you will review the forum, you will notice I had carried out many respectful and decent conversation with other posters and had no issue whatsoever, it seemed however there was a small group who had it in for me, jumping on my posts consistently and continually branding me a wind up when many other posters disagreed. My behaviour had changed as I was requested to do and I believe the punishment is completely unjust.

Once again, the Dispute Resolution forum is reserved for warnings, infractions, and bans, not for discussing problems with other members of our community. You may report their posts, report PMs, or PM Admin for assistance if appropriate.
    I appreciate your reviewing the matter, but you are purely reviewing it from one side in my honest opinion. I honestly don't and can't believe there isn't compelling evidence in my favour.

I have completed my review of your GAA posting behaviour over the past 5 months (see above), and it should be further noted that all 3 GAA mods had agreed with your permanent GAA forum ban before it had been issued by mod Clareman.

Please advise if you wish to close this thread and move on, or request Admin review.

• Advertisement

Once again, the Dispute Resolution forum is reserved for warnings, infractions, and bans, not for discussing problems with other members of our community. You may report their posts, report PMs, or PM Admin for assistance if appropriate.
    Thank you. I have done so though, how do I follow up on them?

I have completed my review of your GAA posting behaviour over the past 5 months (see above), and it should be further noted that all 3 GAA mods had agreed with your permanent GAA forum ban before it had been issued by mod Clareman.

Please advise if you wish to close this thread and move on, or request Admin review.
    I would like an Admin Review please.

I would like an Admin Review please.

Would the Admin please review this DRP per cormac halpin's request?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

cormac halpin

None of the Mods want you back.
    The CMod has done extensive research and came to the conclusion that they had every right to make that decision..

I see absolutely no reason to go against their wishes.
    You have brought this on yourself and you own your own behaviour.

Decision is final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement