Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats included in house sale?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭

I have just gone sale agreed on a house and paying a booking deposit today.

I am just wondering what would usually be included when buying a house?
    I understand fixed appliances would stay (in this case just an oven and a hob).
    How/when would I maybe go about getting the washing machine, fridge freezer (possibly the wardrobes?).
    Should I bring this up now with the EA or down the line?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Id bring it up sooner rather then later. Take nothing for granted - its not unheard of for light bulbs and even fittings to be removed.
    Ask about electrics, curtains, bulbs, anything that can possibly be removed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thanks for that!
    Have emailed the EA to ask before I transfer booking deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Nothing is included unless specified in the contracts or left behind by the seller.

You should assume nothing, and bring the matter up with the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Paulw wrote: »
    Nothing is included unless specified in the contracts or left behind by the seller.

You should assume nothing, and bring the matter up with the seller.
    I am not in direct contact with the seller, so have mailed the ea.
    Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Simply ask the EA for a full inventory list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Simply ask the EA for a full inventory list
    This. Remember that fixture that may have gotten you to love the house? Even if bolted down, it could be gone when you move in. Lights, bulbs, fridges, cookers, benches, heck, even parts of the wall out front could be taken. Take NOTHING for granted, as they could take everything!

Advertisement