Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Last 32, 1st Leg: Zenith St. Petersburg vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm DEAD serious. This is Liverpool, it's the 14th of February and all competitive interest is about to be over

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Barring a late turnaround he should be sacked imo

Makes your tagline under your username all the more ironic.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No it's not. van Persie could have scored last night but didn't have the same standard of chances at all, Suarez has had 4 misses off target, not forcing a save on any of them.

van Persie would have buried at least 2 of the chances Suarez had tonight. Luis just having a very very off day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

darced wrote: »

Fair point, RVP held up the ball phenomenally last night though and we probably would have lost without him

I'm DEAD serious. This is Liverpool, it's the 14th of February and all competitive interest is about to be over

We know your serious but that doesn't make the statement any less stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Sterling been poor but can't blame him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

same old story

if he says we were outstanding and he can't fault the players after the game i'll go beserk

they look far sharper and haven't played a game in 2 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Barring a late turnaround he should be sacked imo

Lloyd the manager can't put the ball in the net for the players, that's the difference in this game , like the other night and many more games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

There has been plenty of times when this has been the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No fight whatsoever in this team, they are a disgrace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

I know he is young but I really can't see what Joe Allen has to offer. At the start of the season (when people claimed he was playing well) I still couldn't see it. Maybe I just don't have a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Luis Suarez is more to blame than Brendan Rodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

come now Jamie from the corner..ah ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Just out of curiosity, what is Allen meant to be doing in the team?

• Advertisement

Suarez to score here

Allen and Sterling haven't a good performance between them since November imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Kilbane: "2-0 is not a disaster".

What have Liverpool done this season against decent sides to even give him a slight cause to think a turnaround is possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sturridge would have been all over that rebound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

kfallon wrote: »
    No fight whatsoever in this team, they are a disgrace!

I agree and that is not down to the manager the players are at fault for this .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You should probably do yourself and everyone else a favor and go support Chelsea at this stage. It's the perfect fit tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Zenit are a more complete team. They spent big but they spent well and thats the difference. If Suarez has one of his off days, there isnt enough quality around him to make up for it. Liverpool are the very definition of a one man team at the moment.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

iELqHLn9cKTEb.gif

ibdMmVDvlE6ESi.gif

Zenit will not fail to score next week, and Liverpool have little chance in scoring 4 unless there is an early Russian red card.

At 2-0 I'd rate our progression chances at about 25/1 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have to say Hulk is ****ing brilliant to watch, unfortunately he is just tearing through us....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This pitch is like a ploughed field. Must be murder on the legs. Between that and having to travel back to Liverpool I'd say a bet on Swansea winning at Anfield on Sunday wouldn't be a bad shout.

since our hero carra came back into the team we have conceded 2 goals in every game, not his fault of course but the gap between our back four and midfield is even bigger with him in the team as he sits so deep - funny how when we go in front we are always pegged back yet when we go behind we almost never get back into it - total lack of bottle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

we have 5 in midfield and their wingers are free the whole time. pure ****e

On the plus side, the spuds and turnips should be nice when they pick them.

5starpool wrote: »
    Zenit will not fail to score next week, and Liverpool have little chance in scoring 4 unless there is an early Russian red card.

At 2-0 I'd rate our progression chances at about 25/1 tbh.

You won't make a bookie anyway will prob be around 4/1

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Have to say Hulk is ****ing brilliant to watch, unfortunately he is just tearing through us....

Huh? Goal aside, he's been horrendous.

Certainly I won't, but I seriously think Liverpool have next to no chance next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Have a good feeling that next season will be our year.

I can feel it my water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Liverpool will probably win at Anfield but drawing a blank tonight will cost them the tie imo.

We'll be higher than that to qualify into the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Huh? Goal aside, he's been horrendous.

I just imagine him all-green everytime I look at him..... :p

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RbiZYdv9l98/T83DcE549JI/AAAAAAAAAH0/pmXQYXPhhzE/s1600/Ep6+-+Avengers+Extravaganza.Still001.jpg

apart from not being being able to score goals and not being able to defend we're not a bad side

Watching the goals again the first goal skirtel waits to close down but when he goes to block the shot he turns his back now if that was carra he throws himself at it head on.
    That's the difference between good and great defenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Jaysus, I go out for a few minutes and the game gets turned on it's head. Liverpool looked by far the most likely to take a lead after half time.
    Typical Liverpool performance of late I suppose. You could say they were unlucky if it was a one off but it's happening too much.

• Advertisement

There has been plenty of times when this has been the case
    Oh yeah?

2012 - FA Cup Final, May
    2011 - February, Hodgson fired
    2010 - EL Semi Final, CL chase, May
    2009 - League Title chase, May
    2008 - CL Semi, May
    2007 - CL Final, last game of season
    2006 - FA Cup Final, May
    2005 - CL Final, last game of season
    2004 - CL secured in April, Houllier sacked
    2003 - CL secured in April I guess
    2002 - Late April it all unravelled
    2001 - UEFA Cup Final, May
    2000 - CL chase to last league game, May
    1999 - CL chase dead in March, possibly this season is in line with your statement
    1998 - March I think, Evans gone
    1997 - Cup Winners Cup Semi, league chase through April
    1996 - FA Cup Final, May
    1995 - April I guess, could be argued
    1994 - FA Cup 3rd Round, January, Sounness gone

So, no - this season is in noway acceptable sir

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    We'll be higher than that to qualify into the next round.

That's your response to me saying Liverpool won't be any bigger than 4/1 to qualify after 5starpool earlier said they would be 25/1
    Guess what there 5/2 with pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That's your response to me saying Liverpool won't be any bigger than 4/1 to qualify after 5starpool earlier said they would be 25/1
    10/3 with Ladbrokes and I was actually only thinking about that bet last night. It is tempting.

The bet includes extra time and penos yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

10/3 with Ladbrokes and I was actually only thinking about that bet last night. It is tempting.

The bet is just simply to qualify for the next round, doesn't matter a jot how it's achieved.

Personally I think 10/3 on Liverpool is a terrible price. If Zenit score, they will need 4 without further reply to progress.

Blatter wrote: »
    The bet is just simply to qualify for the next round, doesn't matter a jot how it's achieved.

Personally I think 10/3 on Liverpool is a terrible price. If Zenit score, they will need 4 without further reply to progress.

I agree Liverpool need to keep a clean sheet to qualify IMO which might be beyond them 5/2 is incredibly short

Is it? For you to profit you have to think we qualify one out of every three times the game is played. We'll be pushed on out of necessity and they have the players to take advantage of our transition defending problems.

Wouldn't touch that price mate!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is it? For you to profit you have to think we qualify one out of every three times the game is played. We'll be pushed on out of necessity and they have the players to take advantage of our transition defending problems.

Wouldn't touch that price mate!

I wasn't impressed at all with Zenit's defending in the first leg and in truth we only have ourselves to blame for losing given the chances we missed. If we put away an early chance tomorrow the floodgates could open.

We also shut them out on their own turf for what, 70 minutes? Beaten by a screamer and admittedly, our usual bottling nature leading to a second goal.

I should qualify all of this by saying that Blatter is completely correct and if I do the bet, I won't be going mad on it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Liverpool are 14/1 to qualify in Extra Time 2mo night with PaddyPower but not on peno's basically winning the tie in ET...not a bad price, I can see this game going to ET & toss of a coin then!

I still think Liverpool have almost no chance of going through. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

5starpool wrote: »
    I still think Liverpool have almost no chance of going through. I hope I'm wrong though.

Well "Almost No Chance" is better than "No Chance" you could be pleasantly surprised!

:)

People have no doubt been backing us since odds have went up on the game last week. Make no mistake about it. When I requested odds last week after the game, one bookmaker priced us @ 9/2 to qualify for the next round. I expect us to concede at least one goal on Thursday tbh, like 5starpool I hope I'm wrong about it. But I wasn't wrong about my assumption about the odds being higher than 4/1.

Oh, and PP are incredibly stingy when it comes to their odds on football.

• Advertisement
Advertisement