Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye bye to Madden

Options
  • 14-02-2013 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

After reading Dave's post yesterday, got me thinking back to something that's been on my mind for a while.

I'm really not enjoying this Madden at all.

A small part of that is cos I'm not playing very well, and don't have enough time to practise and become better. The main part is the realisation that I have absolutely no interest in playing or practising more to become better.
    Win, lose, pay well, play bad, doesn't seem to make any difference to my enjoyment (or lack thereof) of the game.

Organising games is becoming a hassle, staying up late to play games is wrecking my head. Finding time for it is becoming harder and harder.

The only reason I've stayed playing this long is you guys in the forum and the banter. Have met some great characters and had some great chats, am only annoyed that this all happened after I left Dublin so missed out on the beers too.
    May come back for Madden 14, who knows. But it's goodbye for now.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dropping like flies...

Sorry to see you go Rob (trade me witten!)

But i do understand what you guys are saying, I have also thought about jacking it in over the last while, but have just tried to cut down on the number of days i play madden and try to get as many games in on the weekend so I have my evenings back!

Hope to see you back for M14

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

But Rob this was your time to shine. Think of all the underhanded trades you could have got away with now the "Trade Commission" was out of the way.

Seriously though, 2 big losses in 2 days, Santry had better start spending that league generated revenue on the owners or there will be nobody left.

I bet Shane is wishing he waited another week, could have got the Cowboys instead of the Chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Didn't mean to get other ppl to leave. But hopefully the break will do us both good and we'll be back in action in madden 14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

As I said in Dave's Kit Kat post I can totally understand a decision such as this. Madden is a time consuming game and there have been times when I have also questioned whether I should maybe drop playing the game due to the commitment it means.

Sad to see you leave Rob, hope to see you return at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

i was feeling the same way when I stopped, it was just taking so much time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Didn't mean to get other ppl to leave. But hopefully the break will do us both good and we'll be back in action in madden 14

Haha, don't worry Dave wasn't you. Was going to happen in the next few weeks anyway. Your post just crystallised my thinking.
    Hope to be back next year, as I will miss the craic.
    Will still run the fantasy league if people want me to anyway, or can hand it over to an active member of the BFL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Rob, very sorry to see you go, one of the most enjoyable players to play against, always played the game in the right way and also really enjoyed reading your posts and analysis of stats etc.

I'd love for you to reconsider but if you;re not enjoying it I guess there is not much point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ah Rob, who is going to keep all our spreadsheets up to date.

I understand how you guys feel. Since the New Year, I have cut down on my Madden game time and just try and keep it to league games and the practice sessions. I also have stopped playing late games aswell and ending up being wrecked going into work the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Definitely wouldn't put any of the blame on you, video games are supposed to be fun, if you are not having fun then there is absolutely no reason to play them. Obviously it's unfortunate that in the week when we got up to 31 User teams, we have lost 2 (now 3) day 1 players, but nobody can expect anyone to continue doing something they don't enjoy. Anyone play Far Cry 3? The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting it to change.

But also, I will say this, if you lads feel like you want to come back, then do so. I absolutely love Madden 13 so I see myself participating through season 3 up until Madden 14, there will definitely be more casualties along the way so if you feel up for it, don't hesitate. Sometimes you just need a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Please come back soon ROb :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

SantryRed wrote: »
    Please come back soon ROb :)
    Easier for me to leave the franchise or just stay in their on autopilot Ben?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've put you on AP for now Rob. So the position will be there if you've a quick change of heart :)

All the best!

Advertisement