Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband

• 14-02-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Guys i was using an old eircom netopia router for my Vodafone broadband however in my wisdom i reset it from the back and now i have less than 1mbs internet and i believe this is because i have defaulted it back to the Eircom Settings i have reverted back to the support page on vodafone .ie and i have updated the user name and password to vodafone@vodafone.ie & broadband i also entered the following settings:

Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)
    Multiplexing: LLC-based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Preferred DNS: 89.19.64.164
    Alternate DNS: 89.19.64.36

the static ip & ip gateway address field is set to zero's

but still to no avai and after two 20 min calls to vodafone tech support who just keep telling me the line is fine i have no internet would anyone
    any ideas what i could do to impove my speed

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Busted21 wrote: »
    Hi Guys i was using an old eircom netopia router for my Vodafone broadband however in my wisdom i reset it from the back and now i have less than 1mbs internet and i believe this is because i have defaulted it back to the Eircom Settings i have reverted back to the support page on vodafone .ie and i have updated the user name and password to vodafone@vodafone.ie & broadband i also entered the following settings:

Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)
    Multiplexing: LLC-based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Preferred DNS: 89.19.64.164
    Alternate DNS: 89.19.64.36

the static ip & ip gateway address field is set to zero's

but still to no avai and after two 20 min calls to vodafone tech support who just keep telling me the line is fine i have no internet would anyone
    any ideas what i could do to impove my speed

Thanks in advance
    No settings other than the username and password need to be changed. Reset it again and type in these credentials:

Username: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    Password: broadband

After you have connected, go to Expert Mode > Wireless so you can update your Wi-Fi name and security type.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Busted21

thanks for the response ill give it a bash and see what happens

Advertisement