Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer money from sterling BOI account to euro BOI account

Options
  • 14-02-2013 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I have a sterling Bank of Ireland account up home in the north and I have registered for Banking 365 with it.  I also have a euro Bank of Ireland account here in Dublin which is also registered for Banking 365.  I wanted to transfer money from my sterling account to my Euro account but apparently international transfers are not an option from the sterling account online.

However the euro account allows me to do an international transfer.

I've ended up having to post a letter to the bank in the north with my details asking them to transfer the money but this is a slow, cumbersome process and still has not been processed.  Having to take a day off work and travel to the north to visit the branch is also very inconvenient.

Is there any way for me to do these transfers online?  Are there any plans to introduce international transfers from the sterling accounts?  It seems silly that that is offered when you login to a euro BOI account online.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi G-Money,

Thanks for your query. As you correctly mentioned, it isn't possible to make international transfers from sterling accounts through 365Online. They can currently only be made in branch. Regrettably, there isn't an alternative online option.

We will be forwarding on your feedback to our 365Online Team for consideration in future developments. Apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement