Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coyotes blocking access to the Footpath at night ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

You are correct that without barriers it would definitely be worse.

However what they are doing is illegal, and that alone is enough reason for us to be "moaning" about it.
    So even though you recognise that if the moaners got their way the situation would be worse, you still think it's sensible to moan?
    It's painfully obvious that the premises is not suitable as a "nightclub", because they cannot organize for the "customers" to queue in a way that is both safe and legal. So on that basis, yes, it should be closed until they can resolve that problem.
    Not sure what your affection for the quote marks are. It isn't a metaphorical nightclub.

And if you want to set these standards barely any nightclub in Galway would be open from Carbon to Coyotes to the Rosin Though I get the feeling pissing off people a tenth of your age would bring a rare smile to your face.

In fact the only places that have a contained queue leaving pavement space are Club K (who benefit from a massive pavement) and the Bentley, who send their punters onto the pavement to smoke.
    TBH, I don't see it having much effect on the dole office queue - there aren't that many people working there
    I think we can add this to the long list of utterly ridiculous tripe JustMary has come out with. To think you're actually a moderator on a forum that's supposed to promote Galway and it's community. Disgraceful.

edit: and a moderator of "Work & Jobs" :pac: couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Well with barriers you *can't* get through physically. You can't say "excuse me" to a piece of metal. While you might get the same response from *some* of the clientele, some may be sober enough to have the decency to get out of the way of an older person with a case. Although the verdict's out.

Why are people making this personal? Either the club is breaking the law or not. If it is, then they shouldn't have barricades on a public path. The council enforces this rule for way less of an infraction elsewhere.
    If it's not, then it's a 'courtesy' argument, and it's obvious that public and business both can't be pleased. In which case it seems to have boiled down to 'money is way more important than the rights of any minority or public right of way'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Wow. You really aren't getting this. I'll say it again.

If the barriers are removed, the people will still be there.

Public people. On a public footpath. Still blocking you from whatever it is you have to do that's so important you can't just cross the road or walk around them.

They will still be there queuing.

I wonder if they were queuing for something other than a nightclub would the reaction be the same :rolleyes:

LOL seriously , the sad thing is that there was not a single soul in the queue or outside the premises (Or inside from what I could see in the windows) but it was still blocked off.
    And for the record I don't really care what the queue would be for they are blocking access to a public area. I also don't mean to single out Coyotes, if there's another venue where this happens the point is the same. Anyway I'm done with this...From the sounds of things I would get any response from the council which should probably have it's own thread lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

In fact the only places that have a contained queue leaving pavement space are Club K (who benefit from a massive pavement) and the Bentley, who send their punters onto the pavement to smoke.
    I think we can add this to the long list of utterly ridiculous tripe JustMary has come out with. To think you're actually a moderator on a forum that's supposed to promote Galway and it's community. Disgraceful.

And the one behind the Skeff, Karma I think it is.
    And the closed one in Shop St.

Clearly there are venues that are in suitable locations for external queue management. And I can think of lots of others without messing my head.

Fact is, Coyote's isn't.

I'll take being called disgraceful by you as a compliment. But fyi, I'm not a moderator here, and have no idea where you got the idea I was.

Over in Work & Jobs, we get questions like "My manager wants me to do X, I know it's illegal, what are my options". I don't know if we've seen Coyote's bouncers there or not, but they'd be quite justified in asking. Sadly there are often no good answers for them - workers in places that make dodge management decisions actually do rely on councils and the like enforcing regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

One wonders if the queues outside this establishment are genuine, or simply manufactured to make the place look busy? Can't say I go in there to know either way but I know that's a tactic some places use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

soundbyte wrote: »
    What about wheelchair users or those with sight impairments?

The latter would probably be in Coyotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

The latter would probably be in Coyotes

Natural selection?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Issue was brought up with the authorities
    Response: We're looking into it
    http://www.galwaynews.ie/31160-call-action-barriers-outside-city-nightclubs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

snubbleste wrote: »
    Issue was brought up with the authorities
    Response: We're looking into it
    http://www.galwaynews.ie/31160-call-action-barriers-outside-city-nightclubs
    Love how the local 'journalists' cant even spell street names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Love how the local 'journalists' cant even spell street names.

Or 'liaising'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

OP, did you ever get a response to your complaint?

Advertisement