Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling Show -Swords, This Weekend!

Options
  • 14-02-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

There looks to be a great line up for the show in Swords this weekend. Great to see some of the major manufacturers having stands:

http://maramedia.ie/public-exhibitions/ireland-angling-expo1

ANGLERS PARADISE
    ANGLERS VIEW MEDIA
    ANGLING CLASSICS
    ANGLING COUNCIL OF IRELAND
    APGAI IRELAND
    BALLINA ANGLING CENTRE
    BALLYHASS LAKES
    BLACKWATER LODGE
    BLINDER TACKLE
    CAMSHOP.IE
    CARRIGAHOLT SEA ANGLING CENTRE
    CAUSWAY BAIT AND TACKLE
    CELTIC FLY CRAFT
    Cleeres
    CLEWBAY ANGLING
    COOKSHILL FLYTYING
    CORK HARBOUR ANGLING HUB
    DASHER BAITS
    Dept. Culture Arts & Leisure
    DINTUR
    DONEGAL AIRPORT
    DROMOGOWLANE HOUSE
    DUNFLY
    EAWD
    EDINBURGH CLOTHING
    ENERGY WIPES
    FAIRHILL HOUSE HOTEL
    FINNYS FLIES
    FISHING TACKLE AND BAIT
    FISHING TACKLE AND BAIT
    FOC
    HYWEL MORGAN
    I SHOOT AND FISH
    I.F.I
    IADA
    IRISH COUNTRY SPORT AND COUNTRY LIFE
    Irish Flycraft
    IRISH KAYAK ANGLING CLUB
    IRISH TROUT FLIES
    IRISH TROUT FLY FISHING ASSC
    IRISH WATER SAFETY
    JOHN FAIRGRIEVE
    JOHN WHELAN
    KC TACKLE
    KOLIBRI GTL
    LANE OUTDOORS
    Lough Arrow Boats
    MACKTACKLE
    MARINE WEBSTORE
    MIDLANDS OUTDOORS
    MOONFLEET ANGLING
    No Salmon Farms At Sea
    NWCS
    OUTDOOR AND COUNTRY SPORTS
    OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE
    OUTDOOR EYE WEAR
    OUTDOOR WORK & LEISURE
    PRO FLY AND TACKLE
    PROSPECTOR 1
    PURE FISHING
    RAINBOW TACKLE
    RNLI
    SONIK
    SOUTHSIDE ANGLING
    STRIKE MASTER
    STRIKEMASTER
    TAFI
    THE GREAT OUTDOORS
    TOTAL FISHING ADVENTURES
    ULTIMATE FISHING
    VALE ROYAL
    WATERWOLF
    WIDGEONS REST
    WILDEBEEST CLOTHING AND EMBROIDERY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

No IFSA, and while I know it is an Angling show I really think that the NPWS and NARGC should really have a presence at such a show. Maybe if it was held in Spain rather than Swords more of our representative bodies would put in an appearance. Possibly the list is not complete, as some have appeared in previous years, we'll see. :confused:

before someone comes out with something stupid:rolleyes:
    IFSA - Irish Federation of Sea Anglers

NPWS - National Parks & Wildlife Service

NARGC - National Association of Regional Game Councils

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Kat1170 wrote: »
    No IFSA, and while I know it is an Angling show I really think that the NPWS and NARGC should really have a presence at such a show. Maybe if it was held in Spain rather than Swords more of our representative bodies would put in an appearance. Possibly the list is not complete, as some have appeared in previous years, we'll see. :confused:

The IFSA are on the large Angling Council of Ireland stand along with SSTRA, NCFFI and IFPAC. Stand C4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Why would the NPWS attend an angling show? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Zzippy wrote: »
    Why would the NPWS attend an angling show? :confused:

Couple of thousand anglers passing through many also hunters almost all with more than just a passing interest in the countryside. Seems to me to be the ideal kind of show for them to put a face to what is for many just another faceless Govt. Dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Couple of thousand anglers passing through many also hunters almost all with more than just a passing interest in the countryside. Seems to me to be the ideal kind of show for them to put a face to what is for many just another faceless Govt. Dept.

NPWS have no remit when it comes to angling. AFAIK they also have no role in promotion of hunting or fieldsports, nor any budget for promotion work. They only implement the legislation wrt hunting.

The government agency that does deal with angling is Inland Fisheries Ireland (IFI), who were at the show, and attend many shows. They do have a remit for promotion of angling, and a (small) budget for promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

its a pity they dont get a half decent angling and hunting show going, that would be worth a look then,

dbrock wrote: »
    its a pity they dont get a half decent angling and hunting show going, that would be worth a look then,
    While I know a lot of anglers may hunt I am also aware that most angling organisations are generally nervous about been seen to be too close to the hunting scene.

jkchambers wrote: »
    While I know a lot of anglers may hunt I am also aware that most angling organisations are generally nervous about been seen to be too close to the hunting scene.
    You could be right there, I don't see why,

dbrock wrote: »
    You could be right there, I don't see why,
    Because hunting would be top target of anti blood sports lot. Angling would be a little further down their target list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

missed it, forgot all about it. live 5 mins down the road and the gf decides to tell me at 9pm sunday night "oh yeh, your angling show was on this weekend...".... thanks for the fooking reminder! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

copeyhagen wrote: »
    missed it, forgot all about it. live 5 mins down the road and the gf decides to tell me at 9pm sunday night "oh yeh, your angling show was on this weekend...".... thanks for the fooking reminder! :mad:

That's gas!
    To add insult to injury I'd say it was the best one that I've been at there.

http://www.henry-gilbey.com/blog/wow_that_was_some_fishing_show

jkchambers wrote: »
    Because hunting would be top target of anti blood sports lot. Angling would be a little further down their target list.
    You are probably right there, a lot of pot, kettle black, goes on in the angling world, the catch and release brigade, the fillet and release brigade,
    Imagine if all involved in blood sports in this country stood together, we would be a decent force to be reckoned with when needed, ie bass laws and changes to our water ways,

Advertisement