Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NI Water new conenction pricing

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi All -

Currently putting wheels in motion for our site in Co Derry. The site is about 200m off the main road where the water main runs (plus is up an average hill).

I am filling in the NI Water new connection form - I realise i have to send off an application fee of £250 odd, but just wanted to know what extra charges are likely for the actual connection? I can't make head nor tail of their pricing charges (2012/13) on their website.

We will be digging trenches ourselves and doing whatever we can to keep the price down, mains pipe will be on our land (well, family's land but have an easement for services).

Could anyone clarify what we will have to pay for so's i don't have a heart attack when i get the quote back?

Also - someone mentioned that we may need a pump to help the mains water up the hill - if so, what sort of device are we looking at (this would also help with the NIE application as it is asking for info on pumps/compressors). And would a general 32mm pipe suffice for this?

Thanks in advance for the help - mods, feel free to move if this in wrong section.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 waterinfo

If you call 08458 770002 (Monday-Friday, 09:00 to 16:30) with your query they should be able to answer any questions you have and give an estimate on costs of the actual connection

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tates1979

Thanks for that - I hadn't noted that number before! Spoke to a very informative lady (Colleen) who sorted me out. Also didn't realise the application fee of £260 only applied to conenctions greater than 32mm! Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 waterinfo

Excellent.

Good luck with the project

Advertisement