Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB Exchange upgrade

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi , just wondering are there any plans to upgrade the exchange in scariff co clare , broadband here is unuseable here at peak times for the past year due to congestion in the exchange .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

djskip316i wrote: »
    Hi , just wondering are there any plans to upgrade the exchange in scariff co clare , broadband here is unuseable here at peak times for the past year due to congestion in the exchange .
    Hi djskip316i

Can you PM me your landline number so I can check the exact area?

Regards

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Hi djskip316i

Can you PM me your landline number so I can check the exact area?

Regards

Linda
    PM Sent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

PM Sent
    Like happened to the Inch exchange on the far side of Limerick  a while back if eveyone in Scariff raises a fault with eircom every evening...for a year...they might upgrade the exchange. Unlike Inch Scariff is not fibred to the core eircom network but they can do backhaul over wireless too.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Like happened to the Inch exchange on the far side of Limerick  a while back if eveyone in Scariff raises a fault with eircom every evening...for a year...they might upgrade the exchange. Unlike Inch Scariff is not fibred to the core eircom network but they can do backhaul over wireless too.
    I think im Just going to switch to fixed wireless broadband myself , Fed up with DSL at this stage now , Its ridiculus how isp's get away with selling such a sorry excuse for broadband , from 2pm to 2am everyday my ping is 200-300ms .

any update on this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

any update on this

Hi djskip316i

Can you send on the telephone number or eircom account number to me and I will look into it for you.

Mark

Hi djskip316i

Can you send on the telephone number or eircom account number to me and I will look into it for you.

Mark
    PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

PM Sent
    Hi djskip316i

Thanks for sending on your details, although I could not check your line directly I checked neighboring eircom customers and the updated broadband roll-out list sent on the 11/02/13.

I double-checked the info with the broadband networks team. I am afraid there is no plans as yet to upgrade the exchange either as part of the NGB upgrades or as part of the fibre roll out.

I am sorry I could not get back with any positive news for you. If we do get any updates for that area we will let you know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement