Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabled Parking and scumbags

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Out side Glasheen Boys School every day you get people parking in the two disabled spaces who are not disabled.
    Have some people no shame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'm afraid some people just don't care. It's a sad reflection

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

But when picking up children or going to mass the usual parking regulations do not apply. Everyone knows that!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Also, were the flashers on? This also exempts you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Ah sure they just have to pop in somewhere, sure they will only be a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Miaireland wrote: »
    Ah sure they just have to pop in somewhere, sure they will only be a minute.

Some time ago I was driving down Douglas Street and came across a log jam, as often happens on Douglas Street but this time I noticed it was caused by somebody stopping their car in the middle of the street while they went into a shop to get the paper! I wouldn't have believed it only I saw it - a young person casually walking out of the shop with a paper and getting into their car and relieving all flow problems.

Yeah, the people parking in disabled spaces wrecks my head too.

On a different note, a neighbour of mine has a disabled parking spot outside her house. If there is any other spot available she will park in that, keeping the disabled one free for her daughter to visit. When this happens they switch the permit to the daughter's car. A bit cynical considering how scarce parking is on our street - I often have to park streets away while she has her car parked next to the disabled spot which is free just in case her visitors need it!
    Grrrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Some time ago I was driving down Douglas Street and came across a log jam, as often happens on Douglas Street but this time I noticed it was caused by somebody stopping their car in the middle of the street while they went into a shop to get the paper! I wouldn't have believed it only I saw it - a young person casually walking out of the shop with a paper and getting into their car and relieving all flow problems.

Yeah, the people parking in disabled spaces wrecks my head too.

On a different note, a neighbour of mine has a disabled parking spot outside her house. If there is any other spot available she will park in that, keeping the disabled one free for her daughter to visit. When this happens they switch the permit to the daughter's car. A bit cynical considering how scarce parking is on our street - I often have to park streets away while she has her car parked next to the disabled spot which is free just in case her visitors need it!
    Grrrrrrr.
    If you are living in the same street why not just ask her to move into the spot that is there for her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Grrrrrrr.

A bit cynical indeed, just goes to show that disabled people can be 'scumbags' also.

Advertisement