Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'please scan me' tags

• 14-02-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Anyone know where I can buy these tags online? I recently updated my yorkie's microchip details on fido.ie and had the option to purchase a tag with engraving when making payment. Seems they can't be bought from that site separately. I want to get two more for my other dogs.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

There are several people on ebay that do tags, and will engrave anything you like on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I recently got a few tags from Maxizoo - they engrave with what you like so I have on one side "I'm Microchipped" and on the other side I have my name and number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

these are the ones i use, the details dont wear off either and you can put what you want on them (not affilitated with seller)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5x-STRONG-STEEL-30mm-Pet-Dog-Cat-ID-Identity-Tag-Disc-/120708382684?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Cats&hash=item1c1ac7bfdc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Someone on boards before recommended www.boomerangtags.com

I have used them a few times and I found their tags to be a good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

I use this website, they seem to last very well.
    http://www.identitag.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Identitags are the best of all! LOVE those tags. Never need replacing.

OP a lot of vets have supplies of those little tags - they get them for free when they buy the chips from FIDO. Think they have the Hills' logo on one side? Might be an idea to ask the vets, they've cost them nothing. ;) Agree that a tag with your phone number, "neutered" "microchipped" etc. is better though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

V1llianous wrote: »
    I recently got a few tags from Maxizoo - they engrave with what you like so I have on one side "I'm Microchipped" and on the other side I have my name and number.

The maxi zoo ones make a lot of noise in my experiance

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Many thanks for all replies.
    Hadn't even thought of eBay! My newest dog, Kali was neutered last month and I had her chipped at the same time. The vet gave me a tag that said she was chipped. I just think it seems to have a lot of writing/detail on it that makes it hard to read. She wears a separate tag with my number on it.
    The one I got from fido.ie is fab. It has a cute pic of a dog on one side that says please scan me, I'm chipped. On the back I put name, number and neutered..
    Ill have a look at those sites mentioned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

teggers5 wrote: »
    Many thanks for all replies.
    Hadn't even thought of eBay! My newest dog, Kali was neutered last month and I had her chipped at the same time. The vet gave me a tag that said she was chipped. I just think it seems to have a lot of writing/detail on it that makes it hard to read. She wears a separate tag with my number on it.
    The one I got from fido.ie is fab. It has a cute pic of a dog on one side that says please scan me, I'm chipped. On the back I put name, number and neutered..
    Ill have a look at those sites mentioned :)

Have to say I stumbled on this thread and just ordered 3 tags to replace my basic maxi zoo tags from identitag.

Kept meaning to add the 'chipped and neutered' and.... as so many stray dogs are about, I added the line 'if I'm alone, I'm lost and my owners are worried' to the back.

The collar type tags are great as they won't jingle while he's walking/running. Great value too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

boomerang wrote: »
    Identitags are the best of all! LOVE those tags. Never need replacing.

Another identitag fan here, the plastic ones at least! You can almost fit your entire life history on them, and they don't stain a light-colored coat the was a lot of metal ones do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Red Dingo do tags where you can engrave what you want. I'm a Red Dingo fan always buy RD collars and tags for my dog and deal with these people here Global Dog Shop. Good prices and quick delivery.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's free P & P too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Red Dingo do tags where you can engrave what you want. I'm a Red Dingo fan always buy RD collars and tags for my dog and deal with these people here Global Dog Shop. Good prices and quick delivery.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's free P & P too! :D

you got a pic of how the engraved side looks? no sample pics on their site from what i can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yep, I always go for the acrylic identitags too as they're lighter and don't stain Boo's white bits. Oh and I go for the dinner-plate sized ones so I can write a novel. :D

I got the girls furcode tags as well recently - they have a QR code and website link that takes you to their details on the furcode website. These are your regular nickle tags so I put tag silencers from Maxi Zoo on them. Works well to stop them clanging except mud and wet gets in between the plastic silencer and the tag.

Josie (greyhound) now not only has ear tattoos (thanks to the breeder) but a tattoo on her tum to show she's neutered, a microchip, a plate-sized ID tag and a furcode tag. Reckon I should look into some kind of homing device, next. :D

My friend Emma says I should also get a coat made for Josie that says "Don't bother! I'm neutered!"

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

fifib wrote: »
    you got a pic of how the engraved side looks? no sample pics on their site from what i can see

No, unfortunately I don't. Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Another identitag fan. We have a brass one and it's good as new after a years use - plenty of swimming in the sea and river/lake. Don't get a nickel plated one though because the coating just peels away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

+ 1 on www.boomerangtags.com - fantastic tags (have had some of mine for years) and they are really durable, plus they fit a lot of info on the tags (small essay!) so you can give as much info as you want.

Advertisement