Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shellac Nails - South Dublin

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I currently get my nails done (a shellac french manicure) every 3 weeks or so at a place in Phibsboro for €25 (I work in the area). However, I'm finishing up at work tomorrow and am looking for somewhere in South County Dublin where I can get them done for the same price. A lot of the nail bars in the area (around Dalkey/Dun Laoghaire) are very expensive.

The lady that does them now is just a quiet, small salon she runs herself so something like that would be ideal, or if anyone knows of someone that runs their own business and will do your nails in the area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm no expert, but my wife gets a mini mani in Nuala Wolfe if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks - would be a great location for me but unfortunately they don't do shellac nails, just normal manicures.

Shellac is a special hard kind of varnish that is dried using UV light - in case you are intersted in ever getting one as a pressie for your missus. They last for ages and stop your nails from breaking :)

I might do that, if we can track down the cheapest place locally!

Have you tried Lilly Lee or the place outside Bloomfields?

I might do that, if we can track down the cheapest place locally!

Have you tried Lilly Lee or the place outside Bloomfields?

I'll be in DL on Tuesday so will have a look at the place in Bloomfields. A small nail bar would be ideal, as opposed to a fancy salon type place :) I only remembered there was one in Bloomfields when you said it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

The vanity rooms in Stepaside does them, gorgeous place

• Advertisement

liliq wrote: »
    The vanity rooms in Stepaside does them, gorgeous place

Thanks - the price there is pretty good so I may take a look. I don't mind driving to Stepaside, especially if I'm out and about anyway. €30 for soak and reapply is the same price I pay in Phibsboro (it's €25 to have them applied from scratch)

Shellac manicure in Lilly Lee is €50 - so almost twice the price. That's the kind of prices I'm seeing in a lot of the nail places/beauty salons in the area and I just can't justify spending that much every 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Murdy Wurdy,

Have a look at WOW Beauty in Shankill. I'm pretty sure they're €25. They do specials from time to time, I think I got them done for €15 one month.

Apparently Cabello the hairdresser in sandycove does it and they aren't that expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Hi All,

I currently get my nails done (a shellac french manicure) every 3 weeks or so at a place in Phibsboro for €25 (I work in the area). However, I'm finishing up at work tomorrow and am looking for somewhere in South County Dublin where I can get them done for the same price. A lot of the nail bars in the area (around Dalkey/Dun Laoghaire) are very expensive.

The lady that does them now is just a quiet, small salon she runs herself so something like that would be ideal, or if anyone knows of someone that runs their own business and will do your nails in the area.

Have not read the other replies, what I can tell you is you can buy Chellac on line for less than €10 and if you buy a lamp you can do your own nails regularly for a fraction of the cost you are paying the nailbars.

P.S. some of the nailbars are also buying shellac on line, the brand for less than €10 is Bluesky on amazon, and it is the real thing. It is sold out of Ireland all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Murdy as Royal Legend said would you consider doing them yourself?

I got a nail set from Millenium Nails through one if the deals websites. It was €120 for the lamp, 8 polish, top coat, base coat, cleaner, pads and soak off solution.

We use to get our nails done in Clerys for €30 each so €60 between us each time we went. We went half on the set so after 2 uses it had paid for itself.

It takes a bit of practice to get them right so that they last but it is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

There's a new nail bar which seems very competitive in churchtown right opposite the bottle tower pub. Might be worth checking out.

Definitely not an option to do them myself - I'm very strongly right-handed so no way would I be able to do my right hand myself, my left one is basically useless! Would love if I could though :)

Will check out the one in Shankill - that'd be really handy,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Excellent little place called The Essence of Beauty on 110 Lwr Georges Street Dun Laoghaire more or less opposite Bloomfields.

I went to The Vanity Rooms last Friday and was very impressed - the place is really nice and they were very friendly. It really felt like a treat and the staff were very friendly, and the price was right at 30EUR. My nails look lovely :)

They do a loyalty card too which is good if I'm getting them done every three weeks.

I'll be in DL on Tuesday so will have a look at the place in Bloomfields. A small nail bar would be ideal, as opposed to a fancy salon type place :) I only remembered there was one in Bloomfields when you said it there!

I checked for you on Saturday when I had my hair cut. They are €35.:D

I checked for you on Saturday when I had my hair cut. They are €35.:D

Aww -you're so good to check it out! Handy to know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

highly1111 wrote: »
    There's a new nail bar which seems very competitive in churchtown right opposite the bottle tower pub. Might be worth checking out.

That's the Lucky Star Nail and Beauty Salon - haven't had anything done there myself but dropped in for a nose around and seemed nice enough. Think I remember a sign saying Shellac nails for 30 when I walked by today!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

Hi sorry to hijack thread but I'm looking for a place that does good shellac around dublin 12/6 or tallaght region?

Last place I went- I won't mention the place but after a couple of days it started to chip & I was v disappointed!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mollers84

€25 in Vanity Nails. That's the one at Bloomfields. Old thread ... I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Creative Nail Academy in Fashion City, Ballymount does fabulous Shellac nails.
    I know the girls working there and they're all so friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kela17

Hi All,

Hi all!

MurdyWurdy, could you tell me where in Phibsboro you had your nails done? I've just moved to the area and I'm looking for a good place to have my nails done with shellac.

Thank you!!

kela17 wrote: »
    Hi all!

MurdyWurdy, could you tell me where in Phibsboro you had your nails done? I've just moved to the area and I'm looking for a good place to have my nails done with shellac.

Thank you!!

I can't remember the name but it's a small shop run by an Indian lady on the left hand side as you walk from Broadstone to the Phibsboro Shopping centre.

It's not a fancy place at all but a good price and the lady who runs it is nice.

I did see the other day that the beauty salon place in Shankill Village does Shellac manicures for €22

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kela17

Thank you so much for the info!! I will look for it.

Advertisement