Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs expo - Croke Park

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Anyone know what companies will be at this expo at the weekend? I cant seem to find information on the website? Is it mainly based for people who are looking to work abroad?

Is it worth going to if you are looking for IT jobs in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Grahamb23

If you look on their facebook age it will show a few exhibitors but im the same as you I cant find many

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Emzer

Thanks , I also got another email from them around lunch time but it only had about 5 exhibitors and about 3 of them where for Canada . Sky is gonna be their but I'm not interested in that myself.
    Hopefully they will put the full list up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Still nothing in the way of Exhibitors at the Expo....

Seems to be a bit of a farce to me......

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

It's a waste of time. I attended today. Very long queue. Small exhibition, many of which were general recruitment agency. I took a picture of the exhibitors list (attached)...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Vag

Is that all the exhibitors? :-o The usual suspects so. I had a feeling this would be the case. I decided not to go today to see what the verdict was first and it seems I was right to do so! It was very badly advertised on their website. Maybe that was to draw the crowds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

Yes, it was a waste of time (and energy queuing). They could have uploaded a list of exhibitors on their site. Took me an hour to queue and 3-5 mins to walk through the expo. I was expecting a maze of companies offering info on jobs. Not the case :(

Dont know how they get away with the publicity around a poor event???

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

That que was a joke, me and my 8month pregnant partner qued for an half hour she started to get tired so I asked the security guy at the door could he let us in. He said no he can't that other people would get pissed off and to come back in the morning. We decided to leave the que and go back in the morning as we left I took this video.
    http://youtu.be/76b0XP8MPI8

Glad I didn't go today do.... Had a feeling it would be a absolutely sh1t.....

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

That must have been exceedingly depressing for anyone who actually made it inside. All that Queue and for Sky + Doctors in Australia and 60 bajillion CV hoarding "Recruitment" Companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Emzer

Ye, Glad i didnt go now drove by on saturday lunch time and seen that the queue was down the end of the road. The fact their was no list of exhibitors put me off .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 davob

i went with a mate on the saturday, ended up speaking with a few companies, spoke to sky and a field sales management company took my cv, and got some info on moving abroad if i have to consider that, so was happy enough wit that. it was free in also, like i know the q was bad but id rather q for a job than q for the dole office

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Groucho100

Hi everyone

I represent the organiser of the Expo. We run the Jobs Expo twice per year and we're at the whim of companies that want to exhibit at the time of year we run it. We try our best to gauge this and put on the best show we can each time.

For one, the event was free to enter (no admission charge). Also, apart from the 30-odd exhibitors who attended the Expo, we had a team of qualified career counsellors who were on hand to give free career advice, on a one-to-one basis to the general public, and seminars each day covering various different aspects of job opportunities in Ireland and abroad - all available at no charge to the general public.

We really couldn't help that there were long queues on the Saturday and we continuously pressed the security at the venue to allow people in quicker, which they did.

It's hard to get everything into every single expo we run but we do try our very best and will continue to do so at future events.

Thanks to everyone who attended.

Regards

Kevin Branigan
    Jobs Expo

Groucho100 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I represent the organiser of the Expo. We run the Jobs Expo twice per year and we're at the whim of companies that want to exhibit at the time of year we run it. We try our best to gauge this and put on the best show we can each time.

For one, the event was free to enter (no admission charge). Also, apart from the 30-odd exhibitors who attended the Expo, we had a team of qualified career counsellors who were on hand to give free career advice, on a one-to-one basis to the general public, and seminars each day covering various different aspects of job opportunities in Ireland and abroad - all available at no charge to the general public.

We really couldn't help that there were long queues on the Saturday and we continuously pressed the security at the venue to allow people in quicker, which they did.

It's hard to get everything into every single expo we run but we do try our very best and will continue to do so at future events.

Thanks to everyone who attended.

Regards

Kevin Branigan
    Jobs Expo

Hey Kevin,

I appreciate the fact that the expo was free, but you guys were not looking at the larger picture and realising that people were traveling from all over the country to attend.....

Not supplying an attendance list was really about as useful as a Chocolate teapot...

Lets be honest about this, if you run an Expo, you set up a project manager to run it and make sure that everyone is signed up on time etc, that way you can advertise it properly about who is attending and who is not attending....

It would have taken me 2 hours to get there, then queue and then 5 mins to walk through the expo, not getting anything out of it....

It was poorly organised, and that is the reality of it.....

Maybe your team can organise the next one a liittle better, and give the proposed companies a deadline if they want to attend.....

Regards, DD

Advertisement