Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statistical Problem With 4th Year Project

Options
  • 14-02-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello all, I am in my final year of wildlife biology in IT Tralee where I am carrying my 4th Year project on bats. Now, the main idea behind my project is the effects water quality (good or bad water quality) has on various bat species. I have all my results gathered from last summer, so the practical side of my project is finished. My main problem is the statistical analysis of my results. I am doing my analysis on SPSS in case anyone was wondering.
    Here is the situation now:
    4 bats species were monitoring (classified as String)
    2 rivers were sampled; good and bad water quality (classified as String)
    Bat counts for each bat species (classified as Numerical)
    And sampling dates.
    The question is how can I analyse this data on SPSS, bearing in mind that I want to see what bat species can be used to indicate good and bad water quality as a result of this project.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Are you going to assume any differences in bat populations between your sample rivers are caused by differences in water quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bigfellalixnaw

Yes it would be expected that difference in bat activity (bat passes) would be caused by different water quality

Advertisement