Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PS3

Options
  • 14-02-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

our PS3 suffered the dreaded flashing red eye last nite. Have checked out all the you tube videos and have it stripped down awaiting a heat gun. Hopefully everything will go back together and I will have no spare parts!!!:eek:

Anyhow we are looking at raiding the chicken money box to purchase a new PS3 slimline. Looking around at prices the 12GB is the cheapest at around €229 but should I clean out the chicken completely and go for the bigger memory.

All advice welcome. In the Cork area so if anyone knows where best to go let me know thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I went for a 12gb myself, and I found putting a new hardrive in to expand the memory was super easy, so if you have any lying round(hardrives you could use) or you could sort one out, there's your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

am I correct in saying that u could use an external hard drive through the USB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

no, you can only use an external for accessing mp3s and avis etc, you must install one for saves, dlc and downloading games etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

You could however take the hard drive out of the enclosure and use it in the ps3 if it is a 2.5 inch drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Or gut one from an old laptop. Its really easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

so what u are all saying is buy the 12GB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

so what u are all saying is buy the 12GB

some rumours of a PS3 price cut to go along wednesdays announcement.

Advertisement