Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

booking flights?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody has booked flight for Canada yet and what stage they are at in iec visa application?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

no mate but i really want to as flights in early April are only 360euro i am waiting for the visa all my paperwork is submitted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    no mate but i really want to as flights in early April are only 360euro i am waiting for the visa all my paperwork is submitted:D

I was thinking late April as May is 200 euro more expensive.

yea i want to be there asap so start April is only 360 as opposed to end of march at 500

yea i want to be there asap so start April is only 360 as opposed to end of march at 500

when do you think your LOI will be issued?

who noes mate i sent all in last friday so who noes:D soon i hope:D

• Advertisement

10th april 360 jeez i am gonna book next week i think:D

I think i might take the chance and book flight at some point, do you think if you book in march would the april flight be more expensive?

from following the flights i think it will in jan the flight i was looked at 27th march was only 320 as soon as it got in to feb it shot up to 460 it is now 500:( so early April has a few cheap ones but they will rise soon or at least towards the end of feb/start march like 200s a lot when your not working that's nearly the travel insurance taking care of.

i might book it next week if thats the case even if I haven't got the LOI, its a risk am willing to take it to save money :D.

yea i am the same bud its a nice saving especially when i aint work if i was working i don't think i would be so frugal but feck it. yea no loi for me but probaly will book for the 10th/11th next week :D

• Advertisement

I was thinking 26th April or something like that, flight and insurance 700 euro gone before leaving :pac:

I guess Ross you'll be flying from london to calgary, what connection times you getting after you flight from dublin to london, i see 3hrs and 10mins for one am looking at.

yea mate its about 3 hours alright long owl wait indeed.. but suppose the dinner would take an hour of that another gander around would take another..

sorry the next flight down only has a waiting time of 1 hour and 4mins so thats the one for me i hope:)

i was in Heathrow before and it is literally massive you need that time to get to one side to the other :D

mate i found a flight where there's only a 1 hour and 40 waiting time:D it really depends on the day:D

mate i found a flight where there's only a 1 hour and 40 waiting time:D it really depends on the day:D

I personally think that an 1 and 40 hour is a bit tight for time, if you ever been to Heathrow its good to have that extra time.

never been there mate before better off with the 3 hour wait?? give a bit of time to get grub etc i suppose:D

never been there mate before better off with the 3 hour wait?? give a bit of time to get grub etc i suppose:D

i think you'll be better off with the extra time, sure you can sit in the bar if you get the time :D

hahah well i don't drink but yea i suppose i could do that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

You don't drink!!! HAH!!! Yea mate Heathrow is epic huge. Like you need to take TRAINS between some the terminals. I'd say you'd come into Terminal one from Ireland and be flying out of possibly 3/4/5. If it is 5 you have a fair way to go alright! So better off taking the few hours layover. Think of it this way, you may need to clear security again if your bags arn't booked through (possiblity) you gotta get from 1 terminal to the other, you can have some food or a gander in the new terminal when you get there. BUT if you took the shorter layover and didn't make it......

• Advertisement

hahah well i don't drink but yea i suppose i could do that;)

you can pretend :D but drinking before is not advisable see the movie flight for an example.

gary27 wrote: »
    you can pretend :D but drinking before is not advisable see the movie flight for an example.

Sure he's not gonna be the one flyin the plane!!!! No worries there so. Ya's good fliers?

hdowney wrote: »
    Sure he's not gonna be the one flyin the plane!!!! No worries there so. Ya's good fliers?

yeah i say am fairly normal when it comes to flying, i experienced significant turbulence while flying over greenland but got there in the end :).

yeah i say am fairly normal when it comes to flying, i experienced significant turbulence while flying over greenland but got there in the end :).

I'm fine flying, but I don't like it. I don't like the cooped up nature of it. Ya can't open a window, there are other people!!! I like my car!! But I can fly and have no problems with it in that sense, I just ain't a public transport person and a tin can in the sky with no open windows is meh

I'm fine flying, but I don't like it. I don't like the cooped up nature of it. Ya can't open a window, there are other people!!! I like my car!! But I can fly and have no problems with it in that sense, I just ain't a public transport person and a tin can in the sky with no open windows is meh

I would say a plane is safer way of travel than a car, I think in Ireland Donegal anyway we are used to a below par public transport, When i lived in America I found the subway system excellent can get a bit crowded on certain days, i can understand why some people may not like public transport as they a lot of people in rural who are dependent on their car due to lack of public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,212 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Even if you don't have a visa you can go over and just say you are visiting friends for a couple of months. Then when your Visa comes you take a trip to the border and do the over and back, know a couple of people who did it last year.

I just like my car!! My music, people I wanna be with, the ability to just get up and go wherever, stop whenver, open and close windows as I please etc. I do agree that good public systems like underground systems and the like are a fantastic resource. The public transport here is meh at best!

I just like my car!! My music, people I wanna be with, the ability to just get up and go wherever, stop whenver, open and close windows as I please etc. I do agree that good public systems like underground systems and the like are a fantastic resource. The public transport here is meh at best!

yes that's true the only negative about having a car is the maintenance.

yes that's true the only negative about having a car is the maintenance.

Don't tell me about it!!! :( Mine needs new breaks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Liam O wrote: »
    Even if you don't have a visa you can go over and just say you are visiting friends for a couple of months. Then when your Visa comes you take a trip to the border and do the over and back, know a couple of people who did it last year.

This is what i am considering as a back up plan,
    Do you know if you have to have a return flight booked within the 3months holiday visa limit, in order to be admitted to the country on a holiday visa?
    I know it is a requirement on other countries

Advertisement