Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

booking flights?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

hdowney wrote: »
    Don't tell me about it!!! :( Mine needs new breaks

that's not too bad, I had too get the engine head skimmed, new head gasket and new timing chain put in, if your going to a garage make sure to agreed to a price beforehand, better still if you know someone who can change the brakes for you it shouldn't be too difficult.

you decided when you'll be booking your flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

gary27 wrote: »
    that's not too bad, I had too get the engine head skimmed, new head gasket and new timing chain put in, if your going to a garage make sure to agreed to a price beforehand, better still if you know someone who can change the brakes for you it shouldn't be too difficult.

you decided when you'll be booking your flight?

I had to have that lot done on a previous car. Not nice :( Nope no clue as to my flight booking yet. Depends when I feel comfortable with my savings to go over on yaknow

hdowney wrote: »
    I had to have that lot done on a previous car. Not nice :( Nope no clue as to my flight booking yet. Depends when I feel comfortable with my savings to go over on yaknow

yeah better safe to have enough savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,212 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This is what i am considering as a back up plan,
    Do you know if you have to have a return flight booked within the 3months holiday visa limit, in order to be admitted to the country on a holiday visa?
    I know it is a requirement on other countries

I think the lads last year just showed that they had the money or something, I think they may have had their visa applications with them as there was a pretty big group of them. No problems for any of them on return flights and I think 3 or 4 of them didn't have the visas yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Liam O wrote: »
    I think the lads last year just showed that they had the money or something, I think they may have had their visa applications with them as there was a pretty big group of them. No problems for any of them on return flights and I think 3 or 4 of them didn't have the visas yet.

Ya i think i am gona just do that then. Having been rejected last year over the habitually residency thing i am absolutely sick of waiting!

• Advertisement

for anyone heading in the toronto direction there are some great prices here http://www.airtransat.ie/en/index.aspx

I was checking out the Heathrow airport site as some people will be getting their connecting flight to canada:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/which-terminal

if you change the country drop down to canada you will see that the terminal you will be using will be either 3 or 5.

And it will probably be likely that you will be flying into terminal 1 from dublin if you are using Heathrow for an connection flight.

This would not apply to everybody as some can fly to toronto direct from dublin via airtransat.

So just bear in mind the flight connection time between the flights to allow enough time to reach the next terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

for anyone heading in the toronto direction there are some great prices here http://www.airtransat.ie/en/index.aspx

Wow they really great prices wish I discovered that site before I booked my flight! Got a similar price on e-travel but that includes a stop off in London.

bopper wrote: »
    Wow they really great prices wish I discovered that site before I booked my flight! Got a similar price on e-travel but that includes a stop off in London.

Ya i know, just wish they did flights to vancouver. Having said that i got a pretty good deal through Budgetair.ie so cant complain too much.
    Just cant wait to get going now

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sandraella2007

who did you's book ur flights with? budget air & airtransit??

• Advertisement

who did you's book ur flights with? budget air & airtransit??

check out this link:

http://www.skyscanner.ie

they search all sites for you.

check out this link:

http://www.skyscanner.ie

they search all sites for you.

air transit are not shown on skyscanner.

budgetair can be booked through skyscanner though

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sandraella2007

have you's booked your flights yet? budget air is coming up cheapest for me with a British Airways flight? anyone ever use this company???

have you's booked your flights yet? budget air is coming up cheapest for me with a British Airways flight? anyone ever use this company???

I booked through this company. I can confirm that the booking code that they give you works with the BA website.
    I have checked through the manage my booking on the BA website and my tickets are confirmed, and reservation valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

did you book a flight already?:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    did you book a flight already?:D

OHHH YEAHHH, I am going either way. I got sick of waiting and decided the best thing for my mental state was to book a flight rather than torturing myself.
    I just hope its not for a 3month holiday :p.
    I booked a flight to Vancouver for 348euro last week, the same flight this week is 1450!! So it looks like I made the right call... so long as they give me a visa... where is the emotional stressed smilie?

OHHH YEAHHH, I am going either way. I got sick of waiting and decided the best thing for my mental state was to book a flight rather than torturing myself.
    I just hope its not for a 3month holiday :p.
    I booked a flight to Vancouver for 348euro last week, the same flight this week is 1450!! So it looks like I made the right call... so long as they give me a visa... where is the emotional stressed smilie?

good on you, might take the gamble tomoro and book a one way ticket to calgary.

haha i am the same just checked Calgary for mid April 366 so tempted to book now. dunno what ta do:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    haha i am the same just checked Calgary for mid April 366 so tempted to book now. dunno what ta do:D

book, book, book :D

think of cool runnings when you think of Calgary :D

I think booking now is a good idea, we should have them by mid april for sure.

• Advertisement

I think booking now is a good idea, we should have them by mid april for sure.

what date is your flight for?

what date is your flight for?

Friday the 12th of april

think between the 16-20th myself:D
    Had hoped a bit earlier but the way these weeks are flying by it wont matter:D

Friday the 12th of april

if you check through skyscanner the flights on that date are still cheap 347 euro flying with british airways.

if you check through skyscanner the flights on that date are still cheap 347 euro flying with british airways.

Ya thats the one i got alright, looks like its the same price again today alright was showing 1450 on monday!

Ya thats the one i got alright, looks like its the same price again today alright was showing 1450 on monday!

yeah at least it hasn't got any cheaper, you any thing lined up in Vancouver?

not really, i have a good couple of mates over there that are nicely settled in at this stage so at least i will have some help getting to my feet. I have some good connections there and I should have a fair bit of cash to play with so i am not that worried. I just really want to get stuck into it now

not really, i have a good couple of mates over there that are nicely settled in at this stage so at least i will have some help getting to my feet. I have some good connections there and I should have a fair bit of cash to play with so i am not that worried. I just really want to get stuck into it now

that's not too bad, it won't be long before your settled in. just have to wait for the LOI now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

I booked my flight through www.budgetair.ie. It was 300 euro for a single flight on British Airways to Montreal with a 6 hour stopover in London Heathrow. If you book through budgetair check your details afterwards with your airline. British Airlines had my name but no passport details or address.

• Advertisement

any people with LOI book flights yet?

Advertisement