Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

booking flights?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Whats the cheapest company to book flights with anyones i look at are all comin up from 700 to over a thousand. #first time traveller so not down with this bookin flights craic i'll likely end up in Afghanistan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

skyscanner.ie 16th april one way to calgary 366 cant beat that:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    skyscanner.ie 16th april one way to calgary 366 cant beat that:D

I cant get that price the best im gettin is 600:confused: Have you booked yet Ross??

Cheers bud;) When you plannin on bookin?? I could have it done before the wkends out if i dont get outta Ireland now I never will.....

• Advertisement

i say when i get the pension on Tuesday:/ when ya hoping to go mate? me n wasterex are heading that day i think:D gonna head together be good for a bit of company in London and when we make it to Calgary make the whole process of traveling that much easier:D

I could join yas and do it the same day aswell, the more the merrier :)

yea lad deffo be grand were staying in wicked hostel aswell should be greand:D

Does a hostel need booked, or just walk in and demand a room job ?? haha

book it bud just pay a bit of a deposit like 20euro for 10 nights i think it works out at 682 for the flight 2 years insurance and the 10% payment on the hostel.:D i see the 16th is a tuesday how ledgend will it be to go in and get the dole and then go to sign off and they say why.' oh i am flying to calgary in 5 hours haha:D

• Advertisement

Bahahahahaha that would be fookin excellent to do that, I get my dole of a friday :( Fml. I might have to get insurance elsewhere that backpackers crowd only allow a two week holiday on theirs i plan to be home few times a year to see the child

yea mate that sucks i i am going with blue insurance.ie not much better for your situation but it allows 2 2 week return trips to Ireland where as backpacker only allows 1

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oreilly09

yo..............quick questions lads...............is it alright to book a one way or do I need to show proof I'm returning. I know one of my friends had to do this when he applied for the U.S. 12 months visa............. are we different i.e. one way is grand? cheers in advance.......waiting for loi ( only updated my application number tonight after 2 weeks of ignorant bliss.....has probably set me back in the pecking order ! )

Well 2 2 weeks return isnt bad ye know , i'll have a look around to see other ones now at the weekend , 2wks back at xmas will defo be one anyway,

one ways fine mate:D

Its a two year visa so i'd imagine one way is fine i hope:)

sure is insurance is costing us enough i cant even worry about buying a return :D

sweet as lads..........paranoid enough ill be sent packing ... i assumed as much ( based on the responses given on the thread - cheers! ) wish i came on this site while doing the application- now that was some pain in the stones !

it sure was :D wen n where ya headinf for?

Ive never left Ireland im screwed lol

• Advertisement

not heading til the start of june- managed to get 8 weeks work @ decent pay from a family friend so hopefully ill get some mula together from that.............heading to toronto but opened to cities like london and waterloo-kitchener............... fully aware that alberta and places probably offer better opportunities at the moment but i like the proximity of it to north east america ( 2 brothers living in NYC )..........if it doesn't work out Ill head west ! Where are you heading and when ? exciting stuff.........its only til you decide to go there than you realise canada's a pretty savage country !

i think myself wasterex and lostonehelpme are all gonna tag and head together were all aiming for Calgary round the 16th april be good to travel with a few peeps makes the whole process a lot easier who noes we might hate each but at least it will be good to be able to split the taxi fee with 2 others:p

nice.........read and have seen plenty of youtube clips of calgary.............looks amazing. best of luck with the move lad. hope it all goes well for you- night and cheers for replying to my q!

cheers mate same to you and if you make it to calgary give us a shout:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

i think myself wasterex and lostonehelpme are all gonna tag and head together were all aiming for Calgary round the 16th april be good to travel with a few peeps makes the whole process a lot easier who noes we might hate each but at least it will be good to be able to split the taxi fee with 2 others:p

I haven't got the POE letter yet, but am almost tempted to book the flight for the same date as you guys :D. taxi four way split:D

yea be grand so it would:D you will surely have your poi in 6 weeks time:D

yea be grand so it would:D you will surely have your poi in 6 weeks time:D

your just saying that to get a cheaper taxi fare :D

Did you book the 13.05 flight BA

Hmmm no kidding someone from donegal i guess:o there nearly mainer then us from offaly:p

Hmmm no kidding someone from donegal i guess:o there nearly mainer then us from offaly:p

yeah no kidding donegal people :D at least getting a taxi beats getting public transport :D

was it the 13.05 BA flight

• Advertisement

yea mate that one or the 2.40 not sure yet:D and the Calgary flames are playing that night at home so Calgarys public transport will be packed with young-ens out on the liquor going in to the pubs to watch the matchs. and we will all be well ****ed from the flight so taxi be the safest bet:D

Advertisement