Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

booking flights?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea mate that one or the 2.40 not sure yet:D and the Calgary flames are playing that night at home so Calgarys public transport will be packed with young-ens out on the liquor going in to the pubs to watch the matchs. and we will all be well ****ed from the flight so taxi be the safest bet:D

can you check which flight because the 2.40 one doesn't leave much time to catch other flight in heathrow.

did you check which one you booked or are booking? go for the 13.05 one as you will need the time to get to the other flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

gary27 wrote: »
    did you check which one you booked or are booking? go for the 13.05 one as you will need the time to get to the other flight.

The BA103 flight is the better option indeed. Departs Heathrow 17:35, gives everyone lots of headroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea its that flight alright mark but he meant do we get the flight to heath row at 1.05 or 2.40?:D one has a wait of 3hr.10min the other has a wait of 1hr.40min in heat row:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea its that flight alright mark but he meant do we get the flight to heath row at 1.05 or 2.40?:D one has a wait of 3hr.10min the other has a wait of 1hr.40min in heat row:D

Ahh, cool. Do you know which you're getting yet?

• Advertisement

dunno everyone seems to say the 1.05 but i don't no?? like would an hour and 40 mins be enough to get the luggage and get to probably the opposite end of heatrow? or would it be best to have 3 hours that way can take time get a bit of grub etc which ever the most are getting i probably will get the same. we will all end up meeting in heatrow anyway so i suppose it does not matter too much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'd advise the one with the longer gap between flights. It's not THAT long a wait and you could find navigating from one flight to the other/one terminal to the other takes longer than you would expect. Better safe than sorry. Wouldn't be a great start to the Canadian adventure to miss the damn plane! And if yiz are going together you'll have people to keep you company if ya have a wait

yea cheers helen probaly will do that.. yea me n waster had planned on traveling together and now gary 27 and youngmandillon are too so the more the merrier:D safety in numbers plus a cheaper cab fee in calgary :D

I would get the 13.05 flight, and I don't think we will have to collect our luggage as its will go onto the connecting flight, that's what happened the last time I had a connecting flight there that is heathrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

gary27 wrote: »
    I would get the 13.05 flight, and I don't think we will have to collect our luggage as its will go onto the connecting flight, that's what happened the last time I had a connecting flight there that is heathrow.

Guys, when on a flight that has a scheduled stopover at an airport you do not need to collect luggage. The airline will tag your bag at dublin with a destination code for your end destination. If your flight is being operated as a code share at dublin (ie by aerlingus or a carrier other than airline you booked with) just ensure that they are aware of your final destination when checking in.
    Once the bag has been tagged with the correct code the luggage system at heathrow will ensure your bag gets to your connecting plane without you having to worry about it.

You should follow 'connecting flight' routes at heathrow and there are regular services between terminals.
    I will be transfering from terminal 1 to 5 at heathrow, the time advised by the heathrow website is 90mins, i have done it before in less.

Obviously if you book separate flights with different operators and airlines, then this does not apply to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bhob

Got a one way flight into San Fran. Gonna head to coachella and then on up to Vancouver to start the visa. Leave april 9th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

bhob wrote: »
    Got a one way flight into San Fran. Gonna head to coachella and then on up to Vancouver to start the visa. Leave april 9th :D

All the best mate:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 SarahBK

Hi,

I'm going to go live in Toronto but would love to visit Vancouver before for 2 weeks. Can anyone advise on cheap airlines to book flights with from Dublin to Vancouver, then onto Toronto?

Cheers,

Sarah

So, found a website called Skyscanner, which sounds almost too good to be true, money wise. Anyone use it and would recommend/warn against it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

SarahBK wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm going to go live in Toronto but would love to visit Vancouver before for 2 weeks. Can anyone advise on cheap airlines to book flights with from Dublin to Vancouver, then onto Toronto?

Cheers,

Sarah

Try air transat

Though it's probably cheaper to go to Toronto first then fly westjet or porter to bc

SarahBK wrote: »
    So, found a website called Skyscanner, which sounds almost too good to be true, money wise. Anyone use it and would recommend/warn against it?

All it does is check for the cheapest flight prices, it doesn't retail them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

All Skyscanner does is collate airfares for you on dates of your choice. I've used it a few times with no problems at all. I got return flights to NYC for 347 recently by looking on Skyscanner.

Great, thanks for all the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Hi folks.
    Im currently looking to book my flights but just wondering about a few things as I have never travelled outside Europe before.
    The flights I am looking at is an aer lingus flight to Heathrow and then a virgin atlantic flight to Vancouver. I would be booking them together through skyscanner.
    Is the first flight treated as being a uk flight and no need to be there hours before for checkin or because the final destination is Vancouver checkin has to be done 3 hours before or whatever it is or is that part done in Heathrow?
    Im assuming that 5 hours is loads of time to terminal transfers. The flights with a 2 hour wait have went up €200 this last few days.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

book through skyscanner :confused:

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    book through skyscanner :confused:

Its a website that gets the best prices from a few different places. Its a handy tool rather than searching loads of places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I know that, poster. You said you'd be booking through skyscanner. You cannot book through skyscanner. That's why I'm confused.

Yeah I worded it wrong I guess. I am using skyscanner to get me the best deal

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coulagh1986

air transit does not show up on skyscanner from what i remember

Airtransat doesn't do flights to Vancouver. Anyway I wasn't asking about how good or bad skyscanner was or anything. I have used them before.

[Hi folks.
    Im currently looking to book my flights but just wondering about a few things as I have never travelled outside Europe before.
    The flights I am looking at is an aer lingus flight to Heathrow and then a virgin atlantic flight to Vancouver. I would be booking them together through skyscanner.
    Is the first flight treated as being a uk flight and no need to be there hours before for checkin or because the final destination is Vancouver checkin has to be done 3 hours before or whatever it is or is that part done in Heathrow?
    Im assuming that 5 hours is loads of time to terminal transfers. The flights with a 2 hour wait have went up €200 this last few days.

Thanks]

Fly Air Transat to Toronto, and Porter or Westjet to Vancouver

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Anyone booking/booked to head to Calgary anytime in May?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

COYVB wrote: »
    Fly Air Transat to Toronto, and Porter or Westjet to Vancouver

I don't think that works out cheaper than Dublin/London/Vancouver, plus that double connection allows the luggage to be forwarded to the final destination. Two separate bookings doesn't allow that.

Anyone heading in late February/March?

Advertisement