Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&K M249 How to make high speed

• 14-02-2013 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Right lads,just a bit of a fun project here.I fell in love with my 249 and i plan on skirimishing it quite a bit.Anyone have any ideas on how to get it up to around 30-40 Bbs a sec or near enough? i just want it to make that ripping sound other high speeds do :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Well no doubt the gearbox shell can handle that demand but you have a few issues.

1. Box mag will not keep up with gearbox 30 / 40 rep nor will it be reliable and you be dry firing more shots than rounds really.

2. You will be going through pistons like no tomarrow and for the role of the support gunner you may not last long in the field when your role IF you decided to game seriously will go against ya as you may need to put down covering fire for long intervals as your team moves up.

3. If you think about it, high rep support gunners will be awkward as you be empting the mag faster where you can provide effective cover for around 16 to 20 reps a sec. So in a sense you can lay down fire longer and still have plenty of ammo, I often put down a burst of minute down in order to get team up ahead.

4. Now if you want to use M4 mid caps and have your gearbox set up to do that then fine but it sorta goes against you for carrying the extra weight when a well upgraded M4 /AK based aeg can do simliar.

5. If you have plans for using a 11.1v lipo for the love of god stop, you will end up buring out your micro switch trigger which you can get a replacement in the likes of maplins etc but you will also wear out your mag motor too. But you must ask is it worth it for the hassale of changing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭focus 23

I think you are right to be honest.Would 20-25 bbs be possible?
    My planned setup is stated below
    SHS Super High Speed Gear Set for Gearbox Ver.2 (13:1)
    Classic Army Super High Speed Motor
    (Would use an M120 but every one iv ever had stripped quickly)
    9.6v Battery not a huge fan of LiPoly
    and an SHS Full steel teeth piston

Do you think it would be okay to run with this?
    Thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

I'll do you one better, I will pm you my mobile number and talk you through it and even cheaper way of going about it ;)

DP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if you are going for the super high speed set up, ditch the "stock" bearings and replace them with ceramic ones, and to protect the trigger switch i would consider fitting a basic mofset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

A high speed boxmag is very do-able, you'll need to replace its internals though. A high speed servo should keep up with it, I'd also wire it to the 249s trigger so it feeds as you fire (and also share the same battery ;))

• Advertisement
Advertisement