Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas pay

Options
  • 14-02-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Working in a Job just over a year,thats open 24/7. I worked Christmas and only got paid double time plus eight hours. However, other employees got treble time. My supervisor said i should've got the same but HR are saying no. Any ideas? I only worked it on the basis I wa getting paid treble.

My contract doesn't have anything saying double or treble time .

Pat

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

No one can tell you what your company's policy is; I'd drop in to HR and have a chat in person to understand why they think you would not. Don't be aggressive about it or throw a hissy but simply say that you're confused and wonder if they could explain it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Hi,

Working in a Job just over a year,thats open 24/7. I worked Christmas and only got paid double time plus eight hours. However, other employees got treble time. My supervisor said i should've got the same but HR are saying no. Any ideas? I only worked it on the basis I wa getting paid treble.

My contract doesn't have anything saying double or treble time .

Pat

When checking your employment contract check out if the hours worked are 39 over 5 liability or a 39 over 7 day liability. In my job we had 6 lads that actually worked Christmas Day at the flat rate due to their contracts, however the majority of us myself included, if we had to work Christmas Day we would have got the O/T.

In my opinion your employer on face value appears to be operating in a somewhat fair manner when paying those rates of pay. If I was you, rather than charge into HR, sit down with one of your colleagues who worked with you over the Christmas and got the treble time. Compare both his and your contract. The answers in there.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How many hours did you work at Christmas?
    If it is 8 hours, wouldn't double time plus 8 hours be the same as trebble time?

Advertisement