Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mugs wants wood.....

Options
  • 14-02-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

.... looking for a trailer load of Hardwood Firewood preferably delivered to me in Dundalk.

Anybody any daycent suggestions??

It needs to be dried hence why me going to source is out. Seems they're only shifting fresh cuts at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

MugMugs wrote: »
    .... looking for a trailer load of Hardwood Firewood preferably delivered to me in Dundalk.

Anybody any daycent suggestions??

It needs to be dried hence why me going to source is out. Seems they're only shifting fresh cuts at the moment.

I'm over the border tomorrow collecting fresh veg and will inquire about seasoned firewood, can you let me know the price for a trailer load . I lived in bogland for approximately six months and often saw Turf "trailer load (11X7x?) " advertised as the size of the trailer. I'm not savvy as to trailer sizes ( L x W x H) loads so I'll need to be educated in this matter.

Should my farmer friend have a seasoned load available I'll let him know and put you in contact with the fellow .

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Sorry MUGS ,

No seasoned wood . His comments to me were " your a bit late this side of winter" & " talk to me in September"

I'll trust you'll be lucky elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Cheers dude. Went to Tippins. Bellurgan deliver for 60 quid. Keep her local, keep her lit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Spill the beans mugs waiting patiently for info ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

moonshadow wrote: »
    Spill the beans mugs waiting patiently for info ;)

Tippings wood is at Bellurgan house on the way to Carlingford. They sell hardwood by the load. Heard €70 so Mugs did good. They do Airsoft and weddings etc, Vantastable was held there last year too, They are on the web.

• Advertisement

Tippings wood is at Bellurgan house on the way to Carlingford. They sell hardwood by the load. Heard €70 so Mugs did good. They do Airsoft and weddings etc, Vantastable was held there last year too, They are on the web.
    Www. Bellurgan park.com 60 after may 70 during winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

Is it dry?/ suitable for use in stoves??

Is it dry?/ suitable for use in stoves??
    Seasoned apparently. Haven't ordered yet though. Was going to wait for the summer.

Advertisement