Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My newest project!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Wow that's and amazing thing you are doing! Fair play to you, hope they start taking the milk properly soon! :D Pic is so cute!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

3 of them have figured how to suck the syringe when they aren't sucking my fingers or ear!! (Can see them being suckers when they grow up!!) thunder the runt gets hiccups after every feed the poor mite. It's really hard to tell but I think the 3 tabbies are boys and the black is a girl. Funny their little personalities already, tux has to sleep on the bottom of the pack and will push all her brothers out of the way until she gets where she wants then once they are all settled thunder climbs on top!! Sheldon is a little screamer and has really twitchy ears in his sleep, and dude is really feisty, the second you pick him up he is all screams and ready for action!! Yet he is the one who won't suck. Uh oh I see myself becoming very attached!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

They are gorgeous, well done you for taking them on. Paw Pourri in Ennis might know of someone that could foster them in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

It's such a pity you wont get to do it for a few more weeks, it's so rewarding when they start to move about and open their eyes!:o

Well whoever I get to foster I will ask them if I can still take them at weekends to give the fosterer a break if they want to go away or anything!! It looks like the little black one has a bit of a club foot, will have to keep an eye on it, feeding time is so much quicker with the nurses helping me while I'm on placement!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

it might also be an idea to find a nursing mother..kitten season is almost starting you might be lucky. PM me if you think that's an idea, I can give you a few names.

I would say at this stage it might be better to just keep bottle feeding them as they have taken to the syringe now!! Thanks though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

I would say at this stage it might be better to just keep bottle feeding them as they have taken to the syringe now!! Thanks though!!

not really. With the mother milk, the kittens are getting highly important antibodies against all kinds of diseases against which they otherwise have no protection from in their first 6-9 weeks. Unwillingly, you might bring in cat flue or anything else.It will kill them and there's very little you can do about that. Bottle feeding young kitten's like this is always a last resort and more often than not it fails. If you can find a nursing mum, i would highly recommend to go down that road to spare yourself some possible heartbreak.

All are after guzzling 3-4mls and are now happily in a pile on top of a microwave bear :)

I've posted around a few rescue pages in my locality to try get a fosterer. I hope someone can step forward I would hate to have put this much work into them for nothing :( they are such innocent little souls!

• Advertisement

My babies have gone off to their foster home today, I miss them already but it's for the best!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Wow that was quick well done. I seen your post on FB via an animal charity! Am so sad that I copped it was you.

Are you getting them back for weekends?

I posted on every animal charity I know :D I don't think I am getting them back until they are big enough to not need bottle feeding, I offered but she didn't seem to mind! I'm allowed go visit them whenever I like though :) I can still hear them mewing! I think I'll still be waking up every 2 hours looking for them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ahh thats lovely that they got a new fosterer, just remember that if you hadn't volunteered to take them when you did they would have had no chance at all. But you saw them through to the next stage and kept them alive, well done.

Advertisement