Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do men really want look for in a woman

• 14-02-2013 3:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to start a new thread to help me and any other single ladies. Guess feeling a bit down in the dumps lately and being that dreaded V day also doesnt help.

Basically is it all about the chase with men, do they not want a nice girl that is pretty good to them funny..so confused lately by a certain someone playing hot and cold and would be nice to get peoples opinions on it :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

breasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

There is a thread on this. Men are different and want different things. End of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

About 8 years ago my girlfriend at the time went out & bought me beer to while I was watching the British Open golf.
    She's obviously now my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

PM Sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The old chestnut:

"Q- What men want in a woman?
    A -Their penis."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

judgefudge wrote: »

BS, everyone knows all men are the exact same and look for all the same things. Why else would we have so many threads like this saying so?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

personality of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭SineadMarie

judgefudge wrote: »

I havent seen it please feel free to close if this has already been discussed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Men take a lot longer to wise up...try and spot one who isn't a male bollocks and one who has genuine respect for women and the good sense to know how lucky he is to have found you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭mailforkev

As long as you're not a crazy, just be yourself.
    And if you want something say it.

Mind games = goodbye.

• Advertisement

A wise friend once told me let them miss you...they cant miss what they can have when they want!

Havent even gotten a vals day text from him i guess its blowing cold week!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Hi,

Looking to start a new thread to help me and any other single ladies. Guess feeling a bit down in the dumps lately and being that dreaded V day also doesnt help.

Basically is it all about the chase with men, do they not want a nice girl that is pretty good to them funny..so confused lately by a certain someone playing hot and cold and would be nice to get peoples opinions on it :D

You are only gonna get smart arse answers here :rolleyes: it's AH !!

But what kind of question is that ? :confused:
    not all Men or woman are the same. We all look for different things in a person, and are attractive to different personality's, looks etc.
    Some like a big smile, some like shy, some like slim, some like sexy, some like cute, some like funny, some like serious ... and so on and so on!!!

Why would you want to be in the company of someone who plays "hot & cold" with you?
    sounds to me that he is di*k that doesn't seem interested in you, and you are just his amusement for when he is bored.
    If he was interested in you - he wouldn't treat you the way he is.
    Sorry to be blunt but that's just how I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Guess feeling a bit down in the dumps lately and being that dreaded V day also doesnt help.

You should definitely bring Hallmark to court for causing you depression!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'd just like to meet a girl who's attractive cool and easy going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

A pulse! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Basically is it all about the chase with men, do they not want a nice girl that is pretty good to them funny.

Not about the chase with me...
    Think all the game playing is stupid and a waste of time.
    If you like someone let them know. There's a 50% chance they'll be willing to test the water and go out/meet up...

Also while physical looks are what first attracts most men, its definitely not the most important thing. A few minutes with boring wannabe model and I'd be gone. I find physical attractions grows on you as you begin to find the person more attractive personality wise.
    So yes, a nice girl , meaning normal, no game playing, girl next door type is for me. :D

smash wrote: »
    You should definitely bring Hallmark to court for causing you depression!

Smartarse!!!!!!!!!!! Havent a clue.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What I want look for in a woman is having been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

What do men really want look for in a woman

Basic grammar skills? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

they want the moon on a stick

• Advertisement

tin79 wrote: »
    Basic grammar skills? :)

Thank you teacher!

Smartarse!!!!!!!!!!! Havent a clue.....
    Well you said you were feeling down because it was V Day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

A wise friend once told me let them miss you...they cant miss what they can have when they want!

I don't find your friend very wise, I have no time for mind games.

Did you send him a valentines text? Does he know you have any interest in the day?

smash wrote: »
    Well you said you were feeling down because it was V Day...

I'm looking for some advice not smart comments think thats fair enough. Sorry for the poor grammer also i'm sending this via my phone and didnt think to proof read it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Maybe he doesnt want his wife to see it?

I don't find your friend very wise, I have no time for mind games.

Did you send him a valentines text? Does he know you have any interest in the day?

No i havent and yea i think maybe he knows i don't like the day in general cos its also the day my dad passed away suddenly 5 years ago..just need some advice on how to play this. i am nice pretty we get on but i have no time for games from either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Not being an absolute bitch is usually a good start. I've known women who complain about being single then when a guy approaches them that doesn't meet their exact parameters they put him down in the harshest way possible and then laugh about it after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

wrote:
    Snowie

I'd just like to meet a girl who's attractive cool and easy going.

why dont the OP and this guy get it on?

sfwcork wrote: »
    why dont the OP and this guy get it on?

haha matchmaker :)

• Advertisement

Thank you teacher!

Sarcastic wit eh. I do like that in a woman.

Also:

Intelligence to some degree (no Daily Mail or blame the gubbernment types)
    Nice eyes
    A pretty smile
    Sense of humour
    Not an alcoholic or bad drunk
    Breasts (gotta love em!)
    And lastly an accent that does not rile up the blood (Australian, NZ, Norn Iron or D4 for example would drive me mad)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

someone who is easy going is by far the most important imo

tin79 wrote: »
    Sarcastic wit eh. I do like that in a woman.

Also:

Intelligence to some degree (no Daily Mail or blame the gubbernment types)
    Nice eyes
    A pretty smile
    Sense of humour
    Not an alcoholic or bad drunk
    Breasts (gotta love em!)
    And lastly an accent that does not rile up the blood (Australian, NZ, Norn Iron or D4 for example would drive me mad)

I'm looking for some advice not smart comments think thats fair enough. Sorry for the poor grammer also i'm sending this via my phone and didnt think to proof read it!

You posted in AH.. what do you expect!:rolleyes:
    As I said in my previous post, you are gonna get smart comments :rolleyes:
    If it's bothering you that much and you want advice.... personal issues this way -->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Wendolene

Sarky wrote: »
    What I want look for in a woman is having been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

That is truly the most bizarre collection of random words I have ever read. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I can tell you categorically that anyone who plays hot and cold with you is not interested. It really is very simple. If they're playing head-fcuks with you and you never know where you stand then they really couldn't care less. I'd be getting my coat if I were you.

And in answer to your question, I think most people want very basic things like:

Kindness
    Hot Sexual attraction
    Honesty
    A shared sense of humour/someone to have a laugh with

And then you have more specific needs based on what appeals to the individual. Intelligence, for me, gives me fizzy knickers. Simple as. While some women wouldn't care if their partner were as thick as pig sh1t. A man who is very bright and educated and well-read is a big thing for me and thankfully my husband is just that. But that's just my thing. Everyone has more specific things that they go for - I'm sure you tick all the boxes for thousands of boys out there so don't be disheartened.

Also, there's no definitive "list" people use. There's a shared expectation that people will be attractive to them and that they'll like them as a person but apart from that everyone is different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If I may ask the OP, how bendy are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Don't believe all the nonsense people say trying to sound deep and original.

Men are animals filled with testosterone, they want boobs and butt. Nice body, nice skin, etc....

Look at the women that get attention on nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Wow you have low expectations. I like that in a woman

Wendolene wrote: »
    That is truly the most bizarre collection of random words I have ever read. :confused:

Makes perfect sense to me :confused:

Merkin wrote: »
    Intelligence, for me, gives me fizzy knickers. Simple as..

That's something I've never heard before :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Wendolene

Makes perfect sense to me :confused:

Clearly, I'm not very familiar with the grammatical rules of your native language.

Clearly, I'm not very familiar with the grammatical rules of your native language.

ditto :)

Twas tongue in cheek! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Nerd/rocker/goth/gamer/geek/writer/artist/singer/musician/quirky/weird ladies = win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

but i bet he doesn't have big biceps,6 pack,broad shoulders,a nice car,big shlong and lots of $$$$ now does he?

OK:
    Huge biceps check from all the sailing and surfing he does
    6 pack - did have but has become a 4-pack since we got married because I feed him too much yummy food
    Very broad sexy shoulders....hmmmmm
    Nice car - An absolute banger but he loves it
    Big shlong....it's bloody massive, and he sure knows how to use it too, why do you think I married him? ;)
    Not lots of money but we're pretty comfortable

So yes. You don't have to compromise and make do. I've struck gold and I realise that but I was terminally single for ages because I refused to do just that. It paid off. Don't see yourself short!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiseryMary

Not being an absolute bitch is usually a good start. I've known women who complain about being single then when a guy approaches them that doesn't meet their exact parameters they put him down in the harshest way possible and then laugh about it after.

I also thought it was the other way around :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Kettleson wrote: »
    Men take a lot longer to wise up...try and spot one who isn't a male bollocks and one who has genuine respect for women and the good sense to know how lucky he is to have found you.

If this was a thread about women and you were a man there would have been several posts calling you bitter already, and with good reason.

Merkin wrote: »
    Intelligence, for me, gives me fizzy knickers. Simple as.

Come on over to mine and we can roll around in the printed results of that online IQ test I took :P

Does 140 do it for ya! I also play scrabble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No i havent and yea i think maybe he knows i don't like the day in general cos its also the day my dad passed away suddenly 5 years ago..just need some advice on how to play this. i am nice pretty we get on but i have no time for games from either side.

So you expect him to acknowledge the day, yet you said he knows you don't like it. So which is it? You haven't acknowledged it to him either, Valentine's day is supposed to be for COUPLES, not just for one half of the couple!

I'm looking for some advice not smart comments think thats fair enough.

Ah come on... this isn't Dear Deirdre, it's after hours!

• Advertisement
Advertisement