Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 stray horses seized in maynooth

Options
  • 14-02-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

7 horses including a foal and mare in foal were loose in Maynooth last night.Running through traffic on a dark road.Guards and help came.They eventually caught them but stuffed 7 horses into a 2 horse horsebox :((((By the time I got there to help they were gone.Apparently the last yearling was stuffed in and 2 large cobs were squashing him against the ramp :(((((They were all brought to Urlingford horse pound in Kilkenny.Wonder how many survived the journey :(It happens in the same area nearly on a weekly basis now.Dont think the horses get reclaimed,they "owners" just put more into the field.There was a dead horse there last week and the other horses stood round the body:((.If anyone is looking to adopt a horse maybe you would consider saving one :((.My friend said most of them are very quiet and never tried to kick once with all that was going on.She said they were so scared and the mare and foal got separated at one point and they were both screaming for each other:((((heartbreaking :(((

mod edit: <snip>
    Removing pound details

Mods hope its ok to post pound details?if not sorry and please delete xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

boxerly wrote: »
    7 horses including a foal and mare in foal were loose in Maynooth last night.Running through traffic on a dark road.Guards and help came.They eventually caught them but stuffed 7 horses into a 2 horse horsebox :((((By the time I got there to help they were gone.Apparently the last yearling was stuffed in and 2 large cobs were squashing him against the ramp :(((((They were all brought to Urlingford horse pound in Kilkenny.Wonder how many survived the journey :(It happens in the same area nearly on a weekly basis now.Dont think the horses get reclaimed,they "owners" just put more into the field.There was a dead horse there last week and the other horses stood round the body:((.If anyone is looking to adopt a horse maybe you would consider saving one :((.My friend said most of them are very quiet and never tried to kick once with all that was going on.She said they were so scared and the mare and foal got separated at one point and they were both screaming for each other:((((heartbreaking :(((

<snip>

To be honest they are better off
    if some kind person does not rehome them from the pound
    They will b put down / slaughtered in Ireland and it will end their suffering/ starvation
    They could end up in a similar case as their dead friend in the field.

There is no consequences for their so called owners .

Think of it this way though the horse meat scandal it has lifted the lid on live horse exports and hopefully there will b an end to this horrific torture of horses over thousands of miles ( if anyone is not sure of what happens to horses during live exports there is plenty of material on the web extremely grafic not for faint hearted )
    At least with this group of horses they soon will no longer be scared no longer be hungry or no longer be unloved

The end is near.........

Sad but true and for the best in my opinion. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Just a reminder to all posters to be careful about posting details of incidents that they didn't actually witness, or relying on information on the web that can't be verified. We don't wan't want anyone to get in trouble.

Advertisement