Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday party venue

Options
  • 14-02-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Hi, any suggestions for a venue for a 30th birthday party for say 40-50 people. Just a few drinks job with maybe a bit of finger food. Nothing too formal. Know Langtons have a nice room in the middle there on your way out to the nightclub, and the Left Bank have a side bar as well, but do people have any other suggestions. ??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Downstairs in Matt the Millars.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

We hired the tea-rooms in langtons for a party a few years ago, you can have your own music / bar and access to smoking area and the set. Service was great. That room in the middle of langtons is pretty manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

cellar bar in matts works out really well, its nice an private, has it own bar and food is good....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Nice food and good service in Matt's - was there a couple of times for different things - always during the week - no idea what weekends are like there. I was at a Christmas do downstairs in the cellar bar in Kytelers one time as well, I like that spot a lot and again the food is good there.

The food is invariably excellent in Langton's though I was never at a party there, further out of town you have the orchard house which also does excellent food and caters for parties such as yours but it's a bit away from the centre of town so that mightn't suit, loads of great places to chose from in Kilkenny really

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

From previous party experience, Langton's can get a bit overcrowded because it's so busy but if you hired the Tea Rooms or Bridie's, it's a lot more manageable. Left Bank isn't great in my opinion as the music is way too loud upstairs there regardless of where you are. Was at a party there 3 months ago and most people just gave up trying to have a conversation.

Like most of the suggestions here, I'd also recommend Matt's. It keeps you away from the madness without being too far away. Good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Thanks for the replies, Heading out for a few pints sat night so must must have a look into Matts and those other suggestions above, love the Dylan as a pub in KK but seems there would be no way of just having your own section as such...

Advertisement