Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing 2D CFL with LEDs

Options
  • 14-02-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭

We'll soon be replacing about 25 16W 2D GR10q 4 pin CFLs with 9W LEDs.
    It seems straightforward but the market doesn't seem as big as for downlight replacement and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding a reliable/quality brand/model? Philips/GE don't seem to have any matching products. I'm seeing Kosnic pop up quite a bit. Has anyone used these? Tx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

are you looking for an led retro fit for the 16watt 2d or are you replacing the fittings completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭josip

are you looking for an led retro fit for the 16watt 2d or are you replacing the fittings completely.

Good question. At this stage I thought we'd be keeping the existing fitting and just bypass the ballast and then use a LED with the same GR10q base.
    The advantages of that seem to be less cost (don't have to buy 25 new fittings) and there would seem to be less labour required to just bypass the ballast.

Is there a disadvantage that I'm missing? Is it possible to get a different type of led bulb base including fitting with similar characteristics for less than €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

form what ive seen, any of the retro fit units for the 2d, both the 16watt and 28 watt, replace the complete tray. usually the tray is held in with 3 screws.
    robus do a lamp type replacement code r7led2dp-4p.
    a few lighting companys are doing them but there not out long enough to tell if they are any good.

Advertisement