Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why isnt oscar pistorius getting same treatment as KPMG girl?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 4:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭

thread in AH about oscar pistorius.

"blade runner becomes blade gunner" is the title.
    people are posting "leg" puns playing on the fact he is a double amputee.
    after the blackout that ensued with KPMG girl why is this thread given carte blanche.

the girl isnt even cold in the ground.

the reason im asking is not because im offended by any of the content(quite the opposite).im asking because i was permanently banned from AH following the disaster that was the air france 447 crash thread. a poster in that thread was related to one of the deceased and the thread remained open with puns(some from mods) continuing to be posted.

i called one classless poster a **** and was infracted. then in a thread the next day about a young sick boy being shown a film in hospital by pixar i highlighted the hypocrisy by posting a pun of my own and got permanently banned from AH.

why the constant double standards?

if oscars dad worked for KPMG would the thread be closed?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How on God's green earth did you manage to draw a parallel between Oscar Pistorius and KPMG girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think this kind of topic has been pretty much done to death.

The differences between the examples you give is quite marked, and the approach boards.ie takes in matters has changed a lot since 2009.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement