Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentine's Takeout: Something Different

Options
  • 14-02-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

So me and my partner are keeping it old school tonight and are going to pick up a take away (hate the idea of slotting into a cliched spot in a restaurant). Can anyone suggest something different to get?

Bare in mind, we'll be eating in the car. I'm a classy guy, I know. Something absolutely mad would be great. It doesn't have to be a take away. It could also be a meal for two etc from M&S or something along those lines. I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Eating in the car??

How can you cook a meal for two from M&S ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

camille takeaway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

vicwatson wrote: »
    Eating in the car??

How can you cook a meal for two from M&S ?

I only said M&S just in case anyone knew if they had any pre made baskets or something.

camille takeaway

Thai sounds good although it might be a bit hard to eat in the car. unless it came in a noodle box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

McDonalds, there's a difference you'll enjoy, apparentely ! And you mightn't even have to get out of the car to get it, howzat ?:D

McDonalds, there's a difference you'll enjoy, apparentely ! And you mightn't even have to get out of the car to get it, howzat ?:D

Ha, funny you should mention McDonald's. I was originally thinking of doing that. Thought it would be funny plus it was actually the place we went on our first date 9 years ago. Chicken nuggets and a McFlurry, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My husband and I went for a McDonalds drive thru in our pyjamas at about 11.30pm last night. Then sat in the car chatting for an hour. Very romantic :D

What did you go for in the end Shuffles?

Whispered wrote: »
    My husband and I went for a McDonalds drive thru in our pyjamas at about 11.30pm last night. Then sat in the car chatting for an hour. Very romantic :D

What did you go for in the end Shuffles?

Went for Camille in Dun Laoghaire. Ate it opposite Teddy's and polished it off with a big bag of Doritos. Now if that doesn't scream romanticism, I don't know what does.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm a huge fan of the car picnic, and they're even nicer this time of year than in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Went for Camille in Dun Laoghaire. Ate it opposite Teddy's and polished it off with a big bag of Doritos. Now if that doesn't scream romanticism, I don't know what does.

**SWOON** :p
    I'm a huge fan of the car picnic, and they're even nicer this time of year than in the summer.

Me too! Something cosy about sitting in the car in the rain. We live near the curragh so it's pitch dark and very relaxing.

Advertisement