Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best free to play mmorpgs

• 14-02-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I'm new to PC and mmorpgs what are the best ones available free to play right now

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What kinds of RPGs do you mean, fantasy style, sci-fi, something different like World of Tanks or WarThunder, MechWarrior Online etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tera online. This is the best modern rpg and best free to play mmorpg on the market now.

the best part about free to play - it gives you so many benefits, that you even wonder why would you ever sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Could just try world of warcraft out, sure they have a free trail thing. If your new to MMO's, might be best to try out the one that everything else is measured against(well.. a lot of them anyway), just to see if its something you enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I'm willing to try anything that you recommend just as long as your able to play solo I'm not on long and I don't know any one on pc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

WoT/WoWP/MechWarrior/Hawken are all suitable for short bursts of play since they're match based.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys what would be some of the fantasy or sci fi ones be good like Star Trek online or Star Wars nights of the old republic also archeage (please no Japanese manga)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Thanks guys what would be some of the fantasy or sci fi ones be good like Star Trek online or Star Wars nights of the old republic also archeage (please no Japanese manga)

Star Wars, if you like sci-fi it's got some excellent single player content in the levelling up storyline for each class. Quite enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is DCU Online good for single players? I haven't played it yet but since it would also have familiar characters(assuming you're familiar with Batman, Superman, etc.) though you don;t play as them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Star Wars sounds like the game for you. Has a strong story based single player aspect to it. Although i only played it while it was sub only i heard the free to play model they have is utter ****. Having to pay for action bars and sprint is madness. The character run speed is sooooo slow without sprint i couldn't imagine playing through the game without it. Who knows what other essential stuff they have taken from the free playing players.

Dcu online looks really good it seems that you create your own batman

• Advertisement

What about DCU online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lord of the Rings Online is great, was great, well, I played it for 2 months when it was first released. Was good back then, but I can never stick to MMO's , for the sake of a social life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Phantasy star online 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Guild wars 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

DCU online is ok.PLayed it for a few days but got very very bored.Not an mmo but you should check out Path of Exile, another free to play game similar to Diablo.Out of all the free games I've tried it's definitely the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

Eve online if your looking for a good spsce/sci-fi mmo. Its is subscription. If you want to give it a go pm me your email and illsnd you a 21 day free trial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

id have to say, buy guild wars 2, its a once off payment (like most normal games) and its probably the best mmo to date imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'd suggest if you have friends, family a girlfriend/boyfriend and a job, you don't ever try any mmorpg, ever. Seriously!

I had that mindset to but I just built a pc for the first time and I want to try everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Star Wars Old Republic is actually great. Can't stop playing it. Lord of the Rings is excellent too. I liked Everquest 2 for the first few hours, not too sure of it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I tried Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. I don't think MMO's are for me. Between all the crazy crafting items and random drops to keep track of it was just too much for me. Are other MMO's this insane when it comes to items and crafting systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

+1 for Star Wars Online. The class quests are brillaint. Finished the Sith Warrior one, and now onto the Imperial Agent.

if anyone else wants the 21 day trial for eve online just pm me with your email and ill send it to you as soon as i get the pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Tera online. This is the best modern rpg and best free to play mmorpg on the market now.

the best part about free to play - it gives you so many benefits, that you even wonder why would you ever sub.

The newest big one, yes, the best probabaly not...

Swtor is pretty good but is a bit money hungry, Star trek online nice casual mmo , every thing on the online store can be bought by trading dilithium in game, which is very easy to earn. Champions online, has great character customiszation , but can be a bit meh... then theres planetside 2... if your pc can handle it, you'll never look at another fps again for large scale combat

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Runescape.

EVE online is difficult I just downloaded anyone want to give me a hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Isnt eve still pay to play?

I should have mentioned that it is a quite complex game. just follow the tutorial and pay attention to it as best you can. before you know it you will be mining asteroids and blowing up frigates!

I dont have a clue were agent missions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Isnt eve still pay to play?

It is I think but you can pay for you sub by earning enough sisk I think its called?

Advertisement