Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best free to play mmorpgs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

yes its still pay to play. the agent missions you should be able to see on the left hand side in either the journal or the aura i think its called it looks like a blue person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Isnt eve still pay to play?

It is, but you can avoid paying real money if you're making enough in game money by buying PLEX (Pilot Licence EXtension), these are items that other players buy with real money and sell for in game currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Thanks for the eve trial ive tried it and its not really for me do thank you for the help anyway

I know this rpg isnt free but torchlight two is on a 50 % sale and its only a tenner any one out there have the game and if so do you want to play

what about vindictus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I have guildwars 2 and SW:The old republic accounts that i could lend you if you want ? I don't play either of them anymore and likely won't again. Gimmi a shout via PM if you want me to set you up username/passwords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

what about vindictus

Last time I played vindictus it was north america only and had to use a VPN to play. Not sure if it is still the case. Was fun for a day or two but I never went back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Planetside 2 is technically a sort of MMO, I enjoy it.

Seriously though, MMORPGs are a gigantic waste of your time, and in my experience people end up disgustingly addicted or eventually realise they've wasted their life. Awful genre designed to trigger indefinite addictive behaviour with no resolution or satisfaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

runescape
    surprised no one has mentioned it
    its a fun game
    graphics arnt great
    can be boring but if you get into it can be very addictive
    although they have managed to fu*k the game up over the past few years
    their bringing it back to classic version soon theirs a vote going for it
    ive grown out of it now but its fun and different still remember my accounts names and passwords :D probably go back to it if they manage to fix it up

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭_Godot_

There's Pandora Saga on Steam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I played one MMORPG for about a year and it was a complete waste of time. I do not recommend the genre to anyone. Any progression you can make within the game is exchanged for time spent playing it, and most of them have a subscription based pay model. Funny coindidence that isn't it? They are designed to get you addicted. I disagree with the idea of them on so many levels. Avoid like the plague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Grimebox wrote: »
    I played one MMORPG for about a year and it was a complete waste of time. I do not recommend the genre to anyone. Any progression you can make within the game is exchanged for time spent playing it, and most of them have a subscription based pay model. Funny coindidence that isn't it? They are designed to get you addicted. I disagree with the idea of them on so many levels. Avoid like the plague

Don't agree at all. I play have played almost all the big MMO's out there starting with Ultima online. I have never regretted playing an mmo except the rare cases I get hooked on pay to win ones where I end up spending too much and realise that too late and then quit the game :)

I have put tens of thousands of hours into mmorpgs and will never regret that because of the fun I have had and the friends I have met in them.

Yes I have a social life, no I don't spend all day in front of my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Grimebox wrote: »

christ who p1ssed in your health potion!!

Advertisement