Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best possible professional to see for brain damage?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Is it a neurologist?, and if so do I have to go through my GP to get seen?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Talk to your gp, not people on an internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭edmethod

wow thank you that is so helpful if I only I had thought of that first I wouldn't have asked a question looking for general advice, can you please paypal me the 50 euros for the GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

You might need a neurologist or a neurosurgeon or a neurophysiologist or a visit to radiology first for a scan or none of the above !
    In all seriousness this must start with and go through your G.P.
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

edmethod wrote: »
    wow thank you that is so helpful if I only I had thought of that first I wouldn't have asked a question looking for general advice, can you please paypal me the 50 euros for the GP?

Prefrontal cortex damage I'm guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭edmethod

Thank you Nutley for answering my question, I know I have to go through my GP first for anything, just wanted to know, a neurophysiologist as been suggested to me already.

Cheers dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Reasonable question. GPs can be uninformed, biased, expensive. Why not try answering question asked rather than telling him to ask someone else. As a public servant I am sick of this pass the buck mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op, question is too vague to answer correctly, plus people on this forum cant speculate as to what is wrong with you, which theyd kinds need to do in order to answer your question. in any event, you'll need a gp referral to see a consultant so your best bet is to speak to your gp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement