Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6mm power for shower?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi I unfortunately only a 6mm cable is there and want to move from a pump to a electric shower any units that can be used?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I'm open to correction but i believe most shows with a max 8.5kw can be run on 6mm cable, obviously length of run would be a major factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

6mm sq cable running a pump!! What type of pump is it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Electrical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

hmm

you want to change from a power shower
    to an instantaneous electric shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 detonator1979

yep just wanted to see was there on that didn't require 10mm or should 10mm be there to start with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

6sq will be fine once it's not an extensive run, 8.5kw shower will draw around 37amps so protect the cable with a 40amp RCBO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

are the common triton/mira models 230v/9kw now
    -they are if i recall

what's the capacity of 6sq t+e for the most common installation methods used here?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

M cebee wrote: »
    are the common triton/mira models 230v/9kw now
    -they are if i recall

what's the capacity of 6sq t+e for the most common installation methods used here?

Don't have a cable sizing table to hand but on a 9kw unit I'd probably go 10sq under a 45amp RCBO to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

45 amp rcbo?? seriously?
    6sq on a 40A rcbo. careful who u take advice from........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

45 amp rcbo?? seriously?
    6sq on a 40A rcbo. careful who u take advice from........

If it was a 9.5kw shower, you see a problem with a 45 amp RCBO on 10 square?

• Advertisement
Advertisement