Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would really appreciate some feedback, Thanks.

• 14-02-2013 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Well everyone recorded a few of my own songs last year first time recording, wouldn't class myself as a singer but I posted one of them up on YouTube, would really appreciate if you could let me know what you all think, good or bad.

So here goes, Thanks everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IXoqHVbekI&feature=player_detailpage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

dogmax wrote: »
    Well everyone recorded a few of my own songs last year first time recording, wouldn't class myself as a singer but I posted one of them up on YouTube, would really appreciate if you could let me know what you all think, good or bad.

So here goes, Thanks everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IXoqHVbekI&feature=player_detailpage

Well done 'dogmax', nice laid-back delivery.
    Nothing strikingly memorable in the lyrics, but it all seems to hold together.
    Vocal wise, you're almost out of your bottom-end range, and as it's piano accompaniment perhaps a semi-tone up to A Flat might be a better key for your voice on this song. Just a thought.

Keep writing and good luck to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

9959 wrote: »
    Well done 'dogmax', nice laid-back delivery.
    Nothing strikingly memorable in the lyrics, but it all seems to hold together.
    Vocal wise, you're almost out of your bottom-end range, and as it's piano accompaniment perhaps a semi-tone up to A Flat might be a better key for your voice on this song. Just a thought.

Keep writing and good luck to you!

Thanks 9959

Yea I understand what you're say about my Vocals but that's the way they are, I certainly wouldn't win a singing contest that for sure.

(you're almost out of your bottom-end range)

To me that's a complement, thanks.

Just on another note 9959, have you any ideas on how to improve this songwriters forum, maybe bring songwriters and those involve in the music environment closer together.

Its just that to me this doesn't seem to be a very encouraging forum for songwriters to come to, compare to some of the other songwriters forum.

Just wondering what views you have on this.

Thanks again 9959 for listening and taken time out to post, really appreciate it.

Thanks also to DoubleD for the PM, again, really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

dogmax wrote: »

Just on another note 9959, have you any ideas on how to improve this songwriters forum, maybe bring songwriters and those involve in the music environment closer together.

Its just that to me this doesn't seem to be a very encouraging forum for songwriters to come to, compare to some of the other songwriters forum.......

I'm not overly familiar with other forums (fora?) so I don't know to be honest, but given the competitive nature of most, if not all, creative artists, I think it's difficult at times for songwriters to be too giving in terms of praise and\or encouragement, all we can do is try our best to be as objective as possible when asked to give an opinion, however, I do believe that the art\craft of songwriting should be taken very seriously indeed, though a little space should always be reserved for humour or gentle ridicule in order to puncture the pomposity and pretentiousness of those who take themselves a little too seriously.
    As far as I'm concerned your contributions to this forum are interesting and worth reading, perhaps if more people like yourself started posting here we'd be well on our way to making this place a bit more livelier and interesting.

Spread the word!

Advertisement